leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    Compliments on the Macchi thoroughbreds. The MC200 is now my favorite mount. The Do335 is a handful. Will take some time to work out tactics for it. An empty Mosquito IV was catchable by a 109G-6 at 10,000m---certainly this can't be right? Experienced no wobble before or after patch. No wobble in Macchis. Wonder if some having hardware problems?

Originally posted by leitmotiv:
    Compliments on the Macchi thoroughbreds. The MC200 is now my favorite mount. The Do335 is a handful. Will take some time to work out tactics for it. An empty Mosquito IV was catchable by a 109G-6 at 10,000m---certainly this can't be right? Experienced no wobble before or after patch. No wobble in Macchis. Wonder if some having hardware problems?
    Mossie IV is an early serise with single stage Merlin 21 or 23s which put out maximum power at about 12,500 feet. Therefore its not as fast up hig as you'd think it would be.

Best altitude band is about 13-18,000 feet in terms of speed. A B Mk IV was capable of about 385 mph/ 610 kph flat out enpty. Operation ceiling was only about 28,000 feet/ 8,500 meters.

It's still not going to just walk away from fighter aircraft, even at best altitudes. You'll have to ask for a Merlin 61 or Merlin 71 engined variant for that.

leitmotiv's Avatar Senior Member
    I was hoping some Mossie expert would clarify this matter, thanks ImpStarDeuce!