Esel1964's Avatar Senior Member
    If you're going to use a soundcard gameport,as a CH flight control input,how much does soundcard memory effect gameport performance-if any.Is a 32 MB Soundblaster good to run a CH yolk or throttle?(using '98 as the main OS-I've got an extra harddrive,so,I'll make a dual-boot sys.,w/ XP)

I'm trying to cobble together a couple of computers from parts onhand.I want one for gaming,& one for internet only.I use one comp. for both now.

I can't afford all the new CH USB gear,so,I'm trying to do the best I can by "scrapping". <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Lyrics from Naked Raygun's "Rat Patrol".
    "What we need to take control,we could use the Rat Patrol.What's that coming over the dune?...
    Chasing the halftracks across the sandflats,got a nice pine box,for that desert fox,machine guns blaring,and Arabs staring wondering why,the Westerners are there.It's the same old story,and it'll happen again."

That's strange. I had both working together before, but maybe it's to do with the feedback. Mine wasn't.

Does Windows acknowledge both sticks?

Fritz<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Valhalla Kittens

"I furiously yelled an ancient Anglo-Saxon single syllable word referring to the act procreation about a dozen times." Blakduk as he was looking for Ctrl + E in his Ford Falcon XT

Hiya

Yep windows picks up both sticks ok.

It looks like Il2 is choosing the X-45 as the primary stick. Not sure how to swap them about.

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Ignore the game screen that shows your controller inputs and has the sensitivity setup, it only sees the Windows ID#1 controller regardless of actual controller assignments.

Go to the Controls screen and scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen to the section under the heading "HOTAS CONTROL". Assign your joystick axes/throttle in that part of the controls screen.

Download the IL2 Sticks utility (link under my signature picture) to adjust sensitivity for both your sticks. Also if you want to know more about what goes on with controllers, read the Joysticks & IL2/FB article (link under my signature picture) which covers this and other aspects <div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<center>

SST X-45 profile | SST X-52 Profile | Joysticks & IL2/FB/PF | IL2Sticks Utility
    Maddox Forums Moderator</center>

Cheers Tully

Will give that a go.

Edit:

Looks like that works fine now, thanks.

But I think I have Bought a Dud Joystick as the twist rudder only moves Right.
    This is in the joystick properties in windows and in IL2. Bummer.

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Saitek return policy is usually very good. Unless you got it second hand, return it. You should be able to get a replacement fairly easily.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

<center>

SST X-45 profile | SST X-52 Profile | Joysticks & IL2/FB/PF | IL2Sticks Utility
    Maddox Forums Moderator</center>