so I got a theory here,

it took them four years or so to make the game's advanced technology and implement it in assassins creed. so now they have the foundation on which a real assassins creed game can be made, so this is where the sequels come in. it will not take them another four years to make part 2 because most of the hard work is done.

they could have put in ac what ac2 is going to have, but instead we got a "tech showpiece" with no real gaming depth to it. so don't be surprised when ubi drops another ac in another year, just so they can milk the franchise.

I say, about three ac games sound right, they gotta get the most out of the franchise.

btw, I enjoy the game, but on my own terms. for example, I'll make up my own assassinations with random crowd people because I couldn't be bothered doing the boring main assassinations in which there's a bloody unskippable cutscene which should have been playable. ( it just seems that those assassinations would have been epic if the set pieces used in the interactive cutscenes were actually playable, you know what I mean.

you guys at ubi have no idea how much I support you, so this is why I need to get this off my chest.

please do what crackdown did and add more options, this game is just to damn special to fizz out.

i dont think this game COULD fizz out if it wanted to, I agree with your point about the free-roam when your going to assassinate one of the 9. But this is not just a "Tech Showpiece". Dead Rising was a tech demo to see how well a non-scripted crowd will react.

I love the game i like the story line, i dont see how you can add more "depth" to a game that is not trying to be an RPG!?

This game is exactally what they said it was... well nearly, bar the stuff they binned like riding horsing into the cities or making bloackades but that doesn't detract from how good this game is.

Its awesome and i play it over and over. this is my opinion and im sure its the same as ALOT of people accross the planet.... appart from Australia who still have a day to wait i think hehehe

P.S CRACKDOWN WAS THE WORST GAME I EVER BOUGHT FOR MY 360.... I DIDN'T KNOW IF I SHOULD TRADE IT IN OR SET IT ON FIRE JUST TO WATCH IT BURN

I can also see a lot of the tech in ac being used in the new gta, think about it.

this bloody game has so much damn appeal, I mean, my father who thinks video games are all the same actually stopped and asked me if I was actually playing a game. he thought the whole setting, the music, the charecter are superb. I'm sure this is how the new splinter cell is going to play like ac to an extent.

I really, really, really hope they are able to do an additional memory slot via dl marketplace so it can lengthen the games lifespan.

lol, but dont be surprised if ac 2 comes rolling around the corner with everything ac didn't have.

oh yeah, viva le montreal!