WARNING LONG POST INCOMING

Dear Ubisoft,

I love Assassins Creed. It enchanted me from the first time i laid eyes on it, even if the first game didnt quite meet expectations for most people. I consider Assassins Creed one of the best, if not THE BEST, new IPs of this generation. It is a title that has improved drastically and it is a title that intrigues you with its world, its setting and most of all, its story. Assassins Creed looks like it could be real...thats how much detail was put into creating it. It is the most immersive game I've ever played...or to be honest...it COULD be the most immersive game I've ever played... hence this thread and this post/letter addressing you.

Ubisoft you are killing your own game...and it saddens me to say it.

I know some people are going to laugh at me or just say that I am nitpicking and upon other circumstances I would agree with them, but I love Assassins Creed and I just cant tolerate with one specific issue this franchise has from day 1. And that is its framerate.

Let me just say that I am not in the mood for comments that will spur a flame war between consoles which I find, apart from ******ed, totally useless. If you want to measure your "stick" by commenting apbout your PS3 or 360, then go to one of the 25720981018 other threads out there. Not here. This thread is for my favorite game Assassins Creed.

Having a world as immersive as Assassins Creed's one is really hard to create and to be successfull at that. Add to this the parkour element and the stealth mechanics and this game was WIN right from the start. But even though every conceivable thing was perfected along the way with perfect pacing, amazing mission variety, even larger towns, upgrades and enhancements in every single part of the game, one dirty little problem remains. The framerate.

I am not nitpicking. Framerate is important in a game. It makes sure the fluidity of motion helps the player become even more immersed in the world that is presented to him. Not only that, it makes sure gameplay is working as intended. I thought -epsecially after reading some comments from the developpers- that the framerate would be fixed in AC: Brotherhood. To my dissapointement I see that the problem still exists and in fact it seems even worse than before.

I can live with screen tearing (even though this is also something that I expect a great high quality dev like Ubisoft to address it), it is not game breaking and it is not affecting so much the fluidity of motion or the immersion. Assassins creed has such beautiful animation that the current framerate completely kills it. Its a shame that every time im trying to run on the roofs of Rome, the framerate is killing the greatest aspect of the game, its immersion to this wonderfull world.

I mean come on....you guys have a great team, a very LARGE team...and you cant fix this issue? Seriously the only thing this game needs for me is a better framerate. I am not asking for a buttery smooth 60 frames per second game, I am not an idiot, I expect there to be some framerate hiccups here and there, but seriously... the game runs on about 15 frames per second almost every time you engage parkour inside the town and it is really dissappointing...

I know you can fix this...there are ways, like sometimes the game has on screen simultaneously like 80 or so NPCs, i wouldnt mind (and I think no1 would) having 60 or so NPCs instead of 80 and a more stable framerate. You are really killing your own game Ubi...such a beautifull world with such great animation and the framerate just destroys it.

I am writting all of this in hope that Assassins Creed 3 addresses this issue. It is about time you fix this...we have 3 games already with this problem, please optimize the engine a bit more, as I said I can live with screen tearing, even downscaling some stuff (number of NPCs etc), but the frametrate has to be more consistent, because at times it makes the game rather frustrating (many times due to framerate hiccups I have jumped the wrong way) apart from killing the immerssion.

I hope this reaches to you, sorry to the community for the big rant and my bad english.

Thank you all.

I have the (supposedly worse) ps3 version, and the frame-rate is very good for such a large game - I'm getting about 25fps, which is plenty. Sure, there are occasional hiccups, but the lowest rate I've got to is about 15 (and that's only happened once for about a second).

I'm not saying there aren't any framerate issues, just that I myself haven't had any. Maybe something's up with your console?

I keep hearing stuff about glitches, bugs, poor frame-rate etc. May I just say one thing? What are you all on about, my copy is working fine lol. I have not run into any problems at all.

Come on guys... when you go downtown Rome and you start parkour on the rooftops, you dont get framerate issues almost everytime you change direction?

The frames drop and they drop very often and yes it is most of the times for a few seconds. The weird thing is that this framerate issue seems to happen due to streaming. Just because the world is so big while you run things keep streaming but it seems as if the hardware cannot keep up. Im not an expert but this is the conclusion I came to, because after everything is streamed and you stop momentarily from running, the framerate is smooth. When you start running again framerate goes all over the place...

I have even thought of upgrading/testing the game with a 7200rpm HDD in case the faster HDD can aid in the streaming process. I dont know, but the game does have framerate issues. Pay close attention to Ezio's animation while parkour-ing...it is obvious.

Even so I would like a response from one of the Ubisoft team.I really would appreciate this!

PS: No my system has no problem at all everything else plays wonderfully smooth.

My game works fine, I really don't know what everyone is on about. lol

Yeah, they should fix the FPS, my 32 inch tv (HD Ready lags in 720p) I't didn't lag in ac2. Hope they fix this on a update or something

Originally posted by Valkyre4:
    Come on guys... when you go downtown Rome and you start parkour on the rooftops, you dont get framerate issues almost everytime you change direction?

The frames drop and they drop very often and yes it is most of the times for a few seconds. The weird thing is that this framerate issue seems to happen due to streaming. Just because the world is so big while you run things keep streaming but it seems as if the hardware cannot keep up. Im not an expert but this is the conclusion I came to, because after everything is streamed and you stop momentarily from running, the framerate is smooth. When you start running again framerate goes all over the place...

I have even thought of upgrading/testing the game with a 7200rpm HDD in case the faster HDD can aid in the streaming process. I dont know, but the game does have framerate issues. Pay close attention to Ezio's animation while parkour-ing...it is obvious.

Even so I would like a response from one of the Ubisoft team.I really would appreciate this!

PS: No my system has no problem at all everything else plays wonderfully smooth.
    Nope, I don't. Maybe it is because of my PS3, and my SONY BRAVIA Nx810 3DHDTV. People just complain.

Originally posted by Valkyre4:
    Pay close attention to Ezio's animation while parkour-ing...it is obvious.

If i have to pay close attention then it's not obvious

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Please make sure you post your Feedback here-
    Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread.
    Thanks

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>