I think that the 1770-1790 time period would be an excellent setting for an Assassin's Creed title. The time period comprises both the French and American revolutions, the tail end of the pirate/musketeer/Rob Roy MacGregor era of swashbuckling and the beginning of the modern era.

If a game were to be set in that time period, among the locations that could be visited are:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>London
    <LI>Paris
    <LI>Versailles
    <LI>Philadelphia (imagine climbing up Independence Hall)
    <LI>Boston
    <LI>New Orleans, or perhaps Charlestown, South Carolina
    <LI>A West Indies destination[/list]

Among the historical characters with whom the player could interact could be:
    [LIST]
    <LI>Benjamin Franklin (who, naturally, would be the "Leonardo" equivalent)
    <LI>Voltaire
    <LI>Thomas Jefferson
    <LI>Adam Weishaupt (founder of the Bavarian Illuminati, which could possibly be connected with the Templars in the game setting)
    <LI>William Pitt
    <LI>Samuel Johnson
    <LI>Benedict Arnold
    <LI>Aaron Burr
    <LI>James Watt
    <LI>Napoleon
    <LI>Joseph Priestly
    <LI>Robespierre
    <LI>Antoine Lavoisier
    <LI>Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    <LI>The Montgolfier brothers (the first balloonists)
    <LI>Jean-Paul Marat (possibly as an assassination target)
    <LI>James Cook (as a background character, perhaps the return of one of his voyages could coincide with the player's visit to London)

The potential for political intrigue in this time period is obvious. There's also the involvement in Masonic lodges by many prominent figures of the day, which dovetails into the existing assassin conspiracy vs. templar conspiracy themes of the existing franchise.

I would like to see a NEW ORLEANS setting, that would definitely be a fresh approach IMO... I can't think of any games that are set there (other than 1 HITMAN (not sure which one) level, where you kill people dressed like chickens) I know it probably wouldn't happen, but I think NAWLINS would have a lot to offer if they did it right...

beatledude210's Avatar Member
    I agree, i was split between French revolution and American Revolution, but you found a way so they could mesh. I think your setiing would be perfect for Ac3

Originally posted by beatledude210:
    I agree, i was split between French revolution and American Revolution, but you found a way so they could mesh. I think your setiing would be perfect for Ac3
    Exactamundo!!!!

Significantly, some of the important characters (such as Franklin, Jefferson and Lafayette) spent time both in America and in France during that period, so there can be justification for using both sides of the Atlantic even though they're geographically distant.

Some more interesting individuals from this time period:
    <LI> Toussaint L'Ouverture (Haitian revolutionary)
    <LI> Rachel Wall (female pirate)
    <LI> Sandy Flash (highwayman who operated outside Philadelphia)
    <LI> Daniel Boone
    <LI> Donatien Alphonse François, Marquis de Sade

And if part of the game is set in New Orleans, imagine how cool it would be if it were set on March 21, 1788 ((the day the city was on fire)

Originally posted by spikebrennan:
    And if part of the game is set in New Orleans, imagine how cool it would be if it were set on March 21, 1788 ((the day the city was on fire)
    that would be superbad*ss...

Do we really need another one of these threads?

Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:

Originally posted by jarek231980:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not? Don't read it, if you don't want to At least we're not talking about Feudal Japan, that horse has been ridden to death... There's no harm in this thread and, at least to my knowledge, no one has talked about New Orleans being a good location. It really would work well, if they do it right...