G'day guys I keep encountering errors in the offline campaigns for PF at random the comp will squeal and the next mission will be blank and when i attempt to fly it get a no map error. Now i've already emailed Oleg about it and he told me to download the reworked Pacific Campaign from the pacific fighters site. The only problem is i can't find it! Well i can find the Dgen beta and i'm not sure if that is what he means. So i though i would ask the community first if they know where/what it is before i harrassed the busy Oleg for a url.

Thanks for any replys.

G'day guys I keep encountering errors in the offline campaigns for PF at random the comp will squeal and the next mission will be blank and when i attempt to fly it get a no map error. Now i've already emailed Oleg about it and he told me to download the reworked Pacific Campaign from the pacific fighters site. The only problem is i can't find it! Well i can find the Dgen beta and i'm not sure if that is what he means. So i though i would ask the community first if they know where/what it is before i harrassed the busy Oleg for a url.

Thanks for any replys.

sapre's Avatar Senior Member
    For those new to IL-2:FB and Pacific Fighters, DGen is used in campaign mode to generate new missions dynamically.

The beta version (1Mb), which includes a number of fixes and improvements (readme file), is currently available at the following locations:

3DGamers: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/pacifi...ers/downloads/

MultiplayUK: ftp://ftp.multiplay.co.uk/pub/games/...GenBeta311.zip

Ubisoft FTP: ftp://ftp.ubi.com/emea/pf/downloads/...GenBeta311.zip

To install, just unzip the files into the proper directories. As usual, it is strongly recommended that you backup your original files in order to avoid any loss of data.

Please email your feedback to dgen@rogers.com or post your comments on our forums in the appropriate thread on the forums.

I already updated the dgen and get the same error in some campaigns. USMC at Guadalcanal was giving me that error last night.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    You may need to re-start the campaign for the new DGEN values to take effect. That's my guess!

Thanks for the info. Now all i need to do is start testing again with a new campaign...and to top it offf i broke my arm last night (my dominant arm too) Testing will be slow on my end i'm afraid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Llama44:
    I already updated the dgen and get the same error in some campaigns. USMC at Guadalcanal was giving me that error last night. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I encountered the sames problem with the Marine Campaign, but rest easy, because it will be fixed eventually. For now, just fly a campaign that works. The game is still a blast. I guess you can say Pacific Fighters is a work of art still in development. When it's done, your going to need a box of tissues because it will be the apex of Flight sims.

Have a great day all.

If we're going to mention which campaigns it happened on, then it's aussie fighter campaign for me 40 missions in and USN Coral Sea 8 missions in.

I'm still testing the new stuff though on the same campaigns again to see what happens.