fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    so guys, what is your favorite new fighter? and why? what do you like or dislike about it?

I like the Hawk 81. Its definitely a challenge to fly against the early model zeros and requires very careful energy management. The cockpit was extremely well done and the exterior is a big step up on the P-40 models already in the game. The fact that it was used by a group of American mercenaries flying under a foreign flag also adds a cool factor to the plane.

fordfan25's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
    I like the Hawk 81. Its definitely a challenge to fly against the early model zeros and requires very careful energy management. The cockpit was extremely well done and the exterior is a big step up on the P-40 models already in the game. The fact that it was used by a group of American mercenaries flying under a foreign flag also adds a cool factor to the plane. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to true.

The FM-2. The stubby sturdy little thing is like the Tonka toy of carrier ops.

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    I am still exploring all of these fine planes...I will get back to you, ff

Ofcourse - the first plane I flew was the the Wildcat....but the first one I landed on the Lexx with was a 'sair...just had to be.

I have also hooked an early Zero...schnapped the gear off on that one..hehehe BANZAI!!!

Woulda been the Tony but Gods knows what it's current performance is, ask us again after the patch.

WTE Tigger

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    I like the Corsair, I like the KI-61 (or will ), and the Spitfire VIII I'm sure will be great once it gets a few things...like more 20mm cannon ammo and maybe some better markings

Korolov's Avatar Senior Member
    Overall I find the F4F-4 to be a very nicely done ride. The cockpit looks to be done with almost the same quality as the J8A and it offers some good performance for a early-mid war bird.

Second would be the P-40B/Cs - absolutely amazing.

Third, Ki-43s. I don't think they really look that great and the cockpit could use a hell of a lot more polish, but they're a blast to fly.

F4U Corsair.

I loooove this plane. It's blue. It's fast but graceful. It's blue. And landing aboard ship is always an exhilirating experience. Oh, and did I mention? It's blue.

Its detailed rendition in PF would make Pappy and his Black Sheep proud.

chris455's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Korolov:
    Overall I find the F4F-4 to be a very nicely done ride. The cockpit looks to be done with almost the same quality as the J8A and it offers some good performance for a early-mid war bird.

Second would be the P-40B/Cs - absolutely amazing.

Third, Ki-43s. I don't think they really look that great and the cockpit could use a hell of a lot more polish, but they're a blast to fly. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Korolov, I agree: the P-40B's glass-jaw damage model is "absolutely amazing."
    I have confirmed this a dozen times now: 1 hit by anything, anywhere in the front of the AC and your engine is gone. Plus, you're lucky if they don't throw in a PK or total control loss to boot. Despite the gorgeous visual model of this aircraft, I regard it as virtually hors de combat
    due to it's (inexcusably) lame DM.
    I really hope Oleg takes a look at this, and soon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►