Hi,

I have reached 28april 1945 in a German campaign, and I am now getting the no map in mission file error.
    I looked for the campaign.ini file, but my campaign apparently doesn't exist.
    Under users the only profile listed is the default John doe entry, and not my own...the only campaign.ini file I can find is a bf110 campaign I haven't started...
    When I start the game my profile is there with the squadron roster etc etc...

Any one have any idea what's going on and if I can be fixed.

Under users the only profile listed is the default John doe entry, and not my own...the only campaign.ini file I can find is a bf110 campaign I haven't started...When I start the game my profile is there with the squadron roster etc etc...
    Me thinks you are looking at a different folder than the game is looking at...

If you are running Vista or 7, and you've installed IL2 somewhere under 'Program files', chances are the operating system is saving the changed files somewhere else than under program files (C:\Users\.... ?)

If you can find the campaign.ini file, then you can try this fix:
    Try to go to the campaign directory (find a campaign that crashed under /missions/Campaign..., there is a file name campaign.ini there. It mostly contains a list of missions. Try to repeat the last line there (you can do it two or three times, it should not matter).

Good Luck!

I agree with FT, it's the most likely explanation. Search the whole C: drive for it.

Thanks!

I kept looking and found it under Appdata/local/virtualstore !!!

I located the campaign file, and copy pasted the .mis number. I got to fly the last mission again, but it still comes up with a blank briefing and the same error message.

thanks for the feedback!!

Let me guess this is on the TA-152H campaign isnt it? Ask me how I know...
    So did you get the campaign running again?
    Im having the exact same thing happen except all my files were where they should be. In my campaign.ini folder for it it has all the missions listed until 50427.mis, after that is just end.mis. Nothing else. I even tried adding 50428.mis and searching for it with no results.

mortoma's Avatar Senior Member
    Crashing near the end of the Berlin campaign is quite common no matter which plane you fly. And it's more common flying the German side. I have flown the Berlin one a lot on both sides and about one third of my campaigns crash somewhere near the end. Usually in April 1945.

It's a bug in the DGEN files that nobody was ever able to ferret out, not even the guy that wrote the whole DGEN dynamic campaign program!! His name is Starshoy Kolosov and I remember writing to him about the crash at SimHQ over five years ago. Not really much can be done about it. Starshoy has been "MIA" for at least 4 years, he gave up on the whole affair it would seem.

Ok, Thanks mortoma.
    Not what I wanted to hear, but atleast I can now put it to rest.

It was on the full eastern front campaign, Fighter, Center. I was flying the He162, and liking it, after months of flying pistons.

Ken