Bumping this from about a month ago. I don't want to se this going unnoticed...

The issue is the same w/ the late BF's, wherein there is no real way of knowing when the MW50 has ran out..

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day...

Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

old issue indeed. Just fits into the FB:FW190 debacle. Somehow the plane is seriously spoiled.
    - Engine (inconsistent MW50 functionality if compared to BF109s)
    - Damage Model (simplified)
    - the "unnameable" issue
    etc.

and one I am not sure off but has anyone tried the early FW190s with underwing tanks ?
    They can't fire noseguns, regardless of the fact whether you have bombs loaded or not.
    I think there're numerous more issues open with this birdie...

Engaging/disengaging MW-50 is distinct from running out of it.
    IRL you could activate MW-50 with the empty tank and ruin the engine, the MW-50 system was activated through a switch (that's what mean engaged i.e the system will work if throttle is pushed beyond 100%). If activated MW-50 was send to the blower when throttle went past 100%, if not the engine ran at higher boost pressure but w/o the benefit associated with the use of MW-50.
    Once activated the only mean to determine whether you were running out of MW-50 was the MW-50 pressure gauge.

A.K.Davis's Avatar Senior Member
    So why does the boost pressure rise when MW-50 is activated, but throttle is less then 100%? I've never understood this.

--AKD

Pressure is taken at tank level, "engaging" the MW-50 by pressing W pressurize the tank readying it for delivery. A solenoid valve is activated by the throttle when it go past 100%, actualy delivering MW-50 in the blower.
    Engaging and actual delivery are two different things, it's like having a car's engine running and actualy moving. One being a prerequesite for the other.

A.K.Davis's Avatar Senior Member
    Ah, I see. Thanks.

--AKD

The biggest BUG on this 190â´s is the outmitted Propeller in Reviview

its an old Bug but never corrected...

"Finde den Feind und schiesse ihn ab alles andere ist Unsinn"
    Rittmeister Freiherrr Manfred von Richthofen

"Once activated the only mean to determine whether you were running out of MW-50 was the MW-50 pressure gauge."

either that guage doesn't work or i'm looking at the wrong one in the Dora'45.

It doesn't, and you're not... That's precisely the issue at hand. The MW50 gauge in both the Dora '45 and the 109 K-4 are non-functional... I just think it's rediculous that there hasn't been a formal explanation about this issue from Oleg... at least a "We'll get right on it" or something.

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day...

Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.