Marzhin93's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't know if this was posted but we published a Quickstart guide for the map editor yesterday: http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gam...Quickstart_Guide.pdf
    edit: ah, I didn't see Zalirfox's post ^^

I'm working with BH on the next guide which will focus on the storytelling tools: how to create events on the map, how to display text boxes, dialog scenes, how to set up quests, etc.

Originally posted by raider_manhc:
    I used the first 15 min. in finding out how to get some water into the bloody map...and I even have the quick guide with me...

this editor is just too damn complicated...
    It's not that complicated but you needs to be patient to master it

To place water on the map, check page 5 of the guide
    "Go in the Terrain Painting panel and scroll down to find the Water drawer. This allows you to put bodies of water in the map. Bodies of water will be enclosed by the surrounding relief, which allows you to set different bodies of water at different heights. Below the list of the bodies of Water present in the map you’ll see various options to customize each one to suit your map, from the color of the water to the strength of the current."

If they would at least tell where the different places are..make a little text box over the cursor when highlighting a panel....

it is easy for them to say go in the terrain painting panel etc...when I can't see wich one is the bloody terrain painting panel...

I still isnt any wiser as to put water...I finally got water but then it covers the entire map...why is that..i just want it to cover like in the old editor..sowhen i click with the brush..it gives some water on my map "where I want the water"....

KingImp's Avatar Senior Member
    Marzhin, can you please explain why the minimap doesn't work while in the editor?

Originally posted by raider_manhc:
    If they would at least tell where the different places are..make a little text box over the cursor when highlighting a panel....

it is easy for them to say go in the terrain painting panel etc...when I can't see wich one is the bloody terrain painting panel...
    You're not actually reading the guide at all, are you? The panels are detailed on Page 3... Terrain painting is the second panel from the left.

As for water, it is linked to terraforming. Which means you need to use the relief editing tools (first panel from the left) to "dig" the riverbed, then add a body of water that will "fill" the hole.

@KingImp: that's more a question for BH I'm afraid.

KingImp's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Marzhin93:
    @KingImp: that's more a question for BH I'm afraid.
    Okay. Well then, since you work with them or at least have contact with them, could you ask why and if they plan on fixing it?

@KingImp nice try lol

@devs/editorguide-writers and Marzhin93 THANK YOU!!!
    Just what we needed! And there's more coming? Awesome

Originally posted by Marzhin93:
    I don't know if this was posted but we published a Quickstart guide for the map editor yesterday: http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gam...Quickstart_Guide.pdf
    edit: ah, I didn't see Zalirfox's post ^^

I'm working with BH on the next guide which will focus on the storytelling tools: how to create events on the map, how to display text boxes, dialog scenes, how to set up quests, etc.
    Thats Awsome, you can create maps without zone control so that mines arn't connected to a fort and work like previous HOMM maps.

Now if only we could add random monster spawns at the begining of the week

Anyone heard when a Random Map Generator is being added?

Thanks for the guide its a HUGE help.

Thanks for the Starting guide.. it does help a lot learning the interface.

LOoking forward to the next guide.
    I'm pretty much stuck when it comes to creating a custom scenario hero.
    The only ones I can place are the ones included in the game, and under properties I can only change the army, but not things like Name / portrait / level etc.

Hey everyone.
    Got Quest objective that requires you to get 100 crossbowman. The objective shows in the quest panel, and shows how many have joined your Hero.
    When it reaches 100 nothing happens. I have found the pAction 'ScenarioC_ObjectiveStatus' which can set the objective as complete, but I don't know what to use for the pCondition to verify that the hero has 100 crossbowman.
    Any ideas?