Should somebody know how it is possible to reach the minimap on the Scenario Editor? Furthermore it, how can open the DLC campaign maps?
     1 people found this helpful

Help!

I have just started with the editor for the first time, and got some problems...
    The biggest problem is start locations. When I try to save the map so I can continue later, it says "player 1,2,3,4 have no starting locatins" etc. I've found the "start location" button on the panel to the right, but can't figure out how it works ? I've tried to use that button, and I've tried to see in map properties, but I'm totally clueless... So I worked all day long with a map I can't save
    Anyone have any ideas ?
    I've followed this guide, byw could't find an answer.. http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites...tart_Guide.pdf

how to make a quest

Game crashes after map editing

Hi !

I downloaded a new map named "The battle of wills". It's a pretty popular map.
    However I wanted to add some more stuff to it, so I edited it with the original map editor.

When I was done editing, I saved it and loaded the map. But the game is crashing when im trying to defeat a creature.

While loading the battle, my screen is black and then it crashes with the error message "Heroes VI has stopped working".

This is not the "Black screen error". I've tried to reload the map several times and I keep getting the same error to the same creature.
    The creature guards an artifact (Shadow Comb) that I've put there.

I've no idea what to do here.

Would appreciate some help here, what am I doing wrong? Something I've missed?

What I added to the map was:

- Boss Creatures
    - Artifacts (Item sets and stand-Alone items)
    - Bushes
    - Rocks

Please help me out here

Best regards

Scarecrow

*SOLVED*

I'll keep this post just to let others know if they have the same problem.

The original map "The battle of wills" is broken.

Like 50 % of all the creatures on Player 4 side (Island) is corrupted.

Cheers!

bigaxd's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by MarithaM Go to original post
    I have just started with the editor for the first time, and got some problems...
    The biggest problem is start locations. When I try to save the map so I can continue later, it says "player 1,2,3,4 have no starting locatins" etc. I've found the "start location" button on the panel to the right, but can't figure out how it works ? I've tried to use that button, and I've tried to see in map properties, but I'm totally clueless... So I worked all day long with a map I can't save
    Anyone have any ideas ?
    I've followed this guide, byw could't find an answer.. http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites...tart_Guide.pdf
    I have the same question!
    anyone?

scripting tool narrative.

This has bugged me for a long time. I only made this work after my third re-installation of homm7. But it aint working anymore and i cant figure out how.

How can you add narrative with the quest tool. I know how to do it but my current issue is that it does not remember much. If i add a building or narrative for the event. It eather says none or unspecific.

I knew how to do it once but now my map editor is bugged again. Even after a fresh new install. I know exactly what to do but the scripting tool does not remember when i close the screen with ether "close" or the "x"in the right upper corner.

Adding tekst is the most important thing i would like to work. My most important issue.

Could anyone help me with this.

Originally Posted by bigaxd Go to original post
    I have the same question!
    anyone?
    I`ve had a lot of issues with saves. Different problems like the scripting tool and content browser. I do everything the same as Julien in the first editor video or tutorials on youtube. Like i did adding narrative above this post.

I`m thinking they all have something to do with saving in the right folder, having a clean install or naming your content wrong. The unreal 3 engine really is a b**** sometimes. And often the easyest things dont work and you can`t figure it out. I`m sure you both did the right things as it is not that hard to put 2 heroes and 2 towns with proper area of the control on the map. There is something wrong that really is hard to fix ourselves without support.

I`ve spend 40 hours on the editor so far. It really is a b**** when you get stuck and need to find help.

I could show you how but probably it wont work on your machine even if you do all the steps right. There is more going on we cant see. Not much we can do ourselves unless we have some crazy ICT skills or a game developer helps you out.

Still can`t find...

I still cant find map editor or how to put maps in game.... I buy gem from steam.... steam is instaled on D disc, where is all games.... but i have some folders of Heroes on C disc... i have Error reporting user and my profile files... and thats all... i dont have mapeditor or similar files... rly need help... all rest maps i know to play blind...

Throws from the game when you create custom maps

Hi! Help me please. When I create a game with a custom maps comes when I was player of his throws of the game and vice versa. Maps copy correctly in the "My Documents"\Might & Magic Heroes VI\Scenario\. Before that, everything was fine to play with a friend about six months ago. Apparently it happened with the nearest update Uplay! What do not tell me, and then the standard tired of playing maps?
    P.S. Standard maps why it works.

Map/Scenario Editing & Creation | Forums

Thanks to essayforme.org I have some time for map editor in heroes 6, and I got such issue: the AI not building champion units? I don't think it's a bug. Maybe it's just me, but I swear overall the AI is dumber than when the game was released. Back then, 2 hard AIs could make your life miserable very fast, but now they just leave you alone for quite some time, then come with their main heroes with pathetic army, you crush them, capture their towns, game over.