eaab's Avatar Junior Member
    someone just answered my question

You need to paint the area under your random monster with the 'Combat map painting' You only need to paint the one tile, invisible paint so it won't show up in game. Also set your creature count to custom and set a min and max army power.
    fairly insane that you have to do that just to get a monster to work properly, and not intuitive at all, but at least it works.

Ever since Heroes V, I'm not good in using map editor in 3D!
    I'm still good in using 2D style of map editor from Heroes I to Heroes IV.
    Heroes VI should have look at how good is Heroes III or Heroes IV map editors, easy to use and learn and find things. More organized, easily to navigate around.

KingImp's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by eaab:
    someone just answered my question

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    You need to paint the area under your random monster with the 'Combat map painting' You only need to paint the one tile, invisible paint so it won't show up in game. Also set your creature count to custom and set a min and max army power.
    fairly insane that you have to do that just to get a monster to work properly, and not intuitive at all, but at least it works. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously! How hard is it for the game to just recognize it's a fight and act accordingly. Now we have to paint underneath each fight just to make it work? What kind of stupidity is that?

How do you place player start locations after enabling the players in properties?

I also installed heroes VI via steam, and is unable to find the editor. I've tried searching for the "editor.exe", but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone here able to help?

\Steam\steamapps\common\might and magic heroes vi\Editor.exe

Originally posted by mikkelgro:
    where are the scenarios that come with the release of the game? I cannot seem to find them on my drive anywhere.
    If anyone could answer this I would greatly appreciate it.

Originally posted by KnarzKnarz:
    \Steam\steamapps\common\might and magic heroes vi\Editor.exe
    Thanks!

Atutan's Avatar Junior Member
    The best map editor was Heroes 4's. Easy to put scripts and such... With Heroes 5 it went complicated and very time consuming. And now it's even worse...

i have found coming from heroes III map editor to this one a massive pain. I CANNOT do ANYTHING a tutorial video or something would be a godsend, i really enjoy building maps / scenarios etc and this is ruining it for me