Originally posted by mikkelgro:
    One thing about the map editor that feels really complicated (albeit may not actually be) is the cutscene editor. I'd love to create my own cutscenes for a map, and since I have quite some experience from vfx industry trenches, I'd figure I'd be able to animate some nifty machinima with sweet cam moves. But I have no clue where to even begin with this part of the editor. Has anyone fiddled around with cutscenes at all?
    I agree. The first time I opened it, I couldn't even work out how to close the window again, so I just minimised it and moved it out of my way and next time I loaded up the editor it was gone. I'm steering clear of it for now - Too many other things to play around with and figure out and not enough time to do so.

Originally posted by Wulfgar1978:
    I agree. The first time I opened it, I couldn't even work out how to close the window again, so I just minimised it and moved it out of my way and next time I loaded up the editor it was gone.
    Haha, that happens to me too. It's very annoying but most of all strange that they'd use a window without standard minimize, maximize and close buttons. It seems unfinished to me.

I have another question Nemaaa : Is it possible to raise/lower an object before placing it? At the moment I have been placing numerous objects on the screen, then selecting them to change their height which is very time consuming when you are placing hundreds of objects.

Originally posted by mikkelgro:
    One thing about the map editor that feels really complicated (albeit may not actually be) is the cutscene editor. I'd love to create my own cutscenes for a map, and since I have quite some experience from vfx industry trenches, I'd figure I'd be able to animate some nifty machinima with sweet cam moves. But I have no clue where to even begin with this part of the editor. Has anyone fiddled around with cutscenes at all?
    Sorry, but the cutscene editor is one tool that I haven’t used too much. Though, if you have specific questions, maybe I can answer some.

Originally posted by Wulfgar1978:
    I have another question Nemaaa : Is it possible to raise/lower an object before placing it? At the moment I have been placing numerous objects on the screen, then selecting them to change their height which is very time consuming when you are placing hundreds of objects.
    It is not possible to set an object’s height before placing it, but maybe I can help you with a tip, if you don’t know this method yet: After placing several objects you can select them and press enter to see their properties. If you change their “Height type” property to “Absolute”, then you can set all objects’ height to the same height, regardless of the terrain level. Set a value for the “Y” parameter (“Y” is the height). Relative height type is based on the terrain level.

Oi out there peeps.

Glad to see that Nemaaa showed up and was able to assist all the map-makers out there, thumbs up for Nemaaa!

I've sadly lacked time to actually put myself in front of the screen and work with the map editor due to examns taking over. I just popped by to notify that the previously mentioned guide/statistics I have posted have been moved to a separate folder in my system. Therefore I am posting new links to get these:

Note that they are still only valid for patch 1.1.1.

Guide for making bridges

- Click here for a separate map where this method has been used to build a bridge.

Sheet of army value per unit

Statistics of army values per unit

Difficulty Report System

- - -

If any similar knowledge is needed I should still be able to find time investigating it. But making a whole map seems too time-consuming for me at the time being.

Happy mapmaking, people.

hello all thank you for taking the time to read my question.... frist off thay did a great job with the new heroes 6 game i loved 3 and i think thay runied it with 4 and 5 but anyways i am trying to do 2 things ? 1 make a bridge but ever time i do it comes out to were the bridge dose not line up and 2 make a water fall ...any one know if thier is any guied on thses to things thank you

Originally posted by gwythan0717:
    hello all thank you for taking the time to read my question.... frist off thay did a great job with the new heroes 6 game i loved 3 and i think thay runied it with 4 and 5 but anyways i am trying to do 2 things ? 1 make a bridge but ever time i do it comes out to were the bridge dose not line up and 2 make a water fall ...any one know if thier is any guied on thses to things thank you
    Hi gwythan0717, If you take a look at kirstgod's post right above yours you will find a guide for making bridges. For waterfalls you need to look under jungle objects/waterfall in the object section and have a play around with the different types of waterfalls in there. Hope this helps.

ive made my map the way i want it when i go to test it though i come across 2 problems

1. i cant leave my towns with my hero at all, i can stand at the entrance but i can not move beyond it

2. the other 4 player teams only have 2000 gold

i followed the guide that was posted on page 2.
    the map i wanted to create was pretty much just a grassy plain with heaps of mines around it and an impassible wall around the edge, it worked for homm 5 but not here

i never post something on a forum

but this time i make a very important eception:

why:

i am a big fan of heroes of might and magic, i played heroes III so much that i can play the highest difficulty and set a score of lich king my nefhue ( son of a umcle) has the score of archangel with also the highest grade

i love heroes (III)

why only III because ubisoft why i really dont know makes this game commercial a market game a game that has not improved, doesn have more or advanced or even new imrovements in the game and so do other game producers that copied this game

what you see in heroes III and thats the most importand, this crew/person put love , devotion and time in this game , they where trying too sell a game they where just wanted too create a dreamworld. and they did that its a amazing game

ubisoft u guys destroyed the game , by just want too make money with the game and not too create something special

this post is probally gonna be deleted but i know its true u guys just ruined the game

heroes 6 isnt even better, i have too say after making 3 parts its different but not better maybe even worse

why o why

u guys had 12 years!!!!! when after 12 years the game reached its popularity u guys made 6 and 3 is still better

stop try too sell and make actually something worthy

Originally posted by spijkerpower:
    i never post something on a forum

but this time i make a very important eception:

why:

i am a big fan of heroes of might and magic, i played heroes III so much that i can play the highest difficulty and set a score of lich king my nefhue ( son of a umcle) has the score of archangel with also the highest grade

i love heroes (III)

why only III because ubisoft why i really dont know makes this game commercial a market game a game that has not improved, doesn have more or advanced or even new imrovements in the game and so do other game producers that copied this game

what you see in heroes III and thats the most importand, this crew/person put love , devotion and time in this game , they where trying too sell a game they where just wanted too create a dreamworld. and they did that its a amazing game

ubisoft u guys destroyed the game , by just want too make money with the game and not too create something special

this post is probally gonna be deleted but i know its true u guys just ruined the game

heroes 6 isnt even better, i have too say after making 3 parts its different but not better maybe even worse

why o why

u guys had 12 years!!!!! when after 12 years the game reached its popularity u guys made 6 and 3 is still better

stop try too sell and make actually something worthy
    Ubisoft had nothing to do with the creation of 4, 5 and 6 they published 5 and 6 but did not create them.

the people who made number 3 did not make 5-6