I’ll stick around and answer your questions strictly in the topic of the editor, when I have the time. Sorry, but I can’t discuss other topics with you (bugs, patches, schedule decisions, etc). I hope you can understand that.

Mikkelgro: there is no working minimap in the editor yet. The maximum zoom is indeed low, but you can also adjust the perspective: press and hold ctrl + alt + middle mouse button then move your mouse up and down. To turn off the fog, select the weather sheet (6th tab), select “Fog” from the dropdown menu (which has Ambient light, Ambient occlusion, Ambient sound, etc.), then scroll down a bit and un-tick “Distance fog” and “Height fog”. Don’t forget to turn them back before saving the map.

Wulfgar1978, there is no such function or trigger in the game, but if you really want to make a similar event, then you could experiment with the “GetRandomInteger” function in the “Scenario/GetTriggers” folder. Use it in the “SetNumericVariable” to set it as a random number between x and y, then compare its value in “If” triggers to create different scenarios. You can restart a trigger with the “Scenario_RestartTrigger” to make the event happen periodically.

Here are some useful hotkeys that you might not know yet:
    Q: when something is selected, the gizmo is not shown.
    W: when something is selected, the move gizmo is shown.
    E: when something is selected, the rotate gizmo is shown.
    R: when something is selected, the scale gizmo is shown (this can only be used for proportional scaling: drag the middle yellow square with left mouse button and move the mouse left or right).
    Space: returns to selection mode from any selected brush.
    Hold Ctrl + middle mouse button and move mouse: rotate camera.
    Scroll with middle mouse button: zoom.
    Hold Ctrl + Alt + middle mouse and move mouse up or down: adjust perspective.
    Hold Shift + drag a selected object or objects with left mouse: duplicate entities.
    Hold Ctrl + left mouse button and move mouse left or right: rotate entities.
    F4: toggles drawing the grid.
    F6: toggles passable/non passable drawing. You can filter what’s shown with this function in View / Draw pathing.
    F7: toggles between three modes: show units / hide units (selectable) / hide units (not selectable). In the second mode, units are not shown but are selectable.
    F8: same toggle as above, with resources.
    F9: same toggle as above, with buildings.
    F10: same toggle as above, with objects (decoration).
    Tip: to select all resources fast, press F7, F9 and F10 twice, then press Ctrl + A.

Originally posted by Nemaaa:

Wulfgar1978, there is no such function or trigger in the game, but if you really want to make a similar event, then you could experiment with the “GetRandomInteger” function in the “Scenario/GetTriggers” folder. Use it in the “SetNumericVariable” to set it as a random number between x and y, then compare its value in “If” triggers to create different scenarios. You can restart a trigger with the “Scenario_RestartTrigger” to make the event happen periodically.
    Thanks Nemaaa, I'll have a play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Thank you for the info & tips Nemaaa, much appreciated.

I have another question regarding AI triggers: I've created a tiny 32x64 map with a castle and faction hero in each end, water with a bridge separating the two sides and zounds of direwolves guarding the bridge. Each side has identical setup of all mine types, resources and attr modding buldings. No changes have been made to either hero. This is all done to create an identical starting frameset for each hero, and so find out whether the AI indeed has certain 'benefits' that grant it an unfair advantage.

By watching the fallout of this map, I'm trying to modify the behaviour of the Skirmish_AI, by some rules. The two main things I wish to improve are:
    1) Its courage or bravery, as in what degree it decides to flee or not attack an enemy. Can I use an AI trigger rule that attacks enemies at 0% army power percentage difference, or is this rule only for Triggered_AI? (it's hard to tell from the given documentation/guides)

2) How it calculates the move distance of the enemies. At this point is seems like it psychically manages to pinpoint the exact number of squares the enemies can move in their turn, so that the AI positions itself accordingly, thus always (or at least most of the time) keeps in safe distance from being reached. Is there an AI trigger rule that can modify this behaviour for the Skirmish_AI?

Cheers!

That s an interesting pair of questions Mikkelgro. I happen to notice the exact same behaviours on the map which I created which is somewhat similar to yours in that it s fairly, purposely balanced/symmetrical. The AI almost always manages to get our of reach and it can be really frustrating at times.

What's more, in previous HOMMs (i.e. 5) choosing logistics was really a worthy trait (on the minus side, it was quite frankly not a choice, when it was offered to you you just HAD to take it). However in HOMM6 I assume the AI always pick logistics and pathfinding, so taking it won't solve that for you. In the end you don't have a choice either, cause if you don't get it, you'll just get "kited" all day long :/

I have another question Nemaaa : In heroes 5 you could link more than one portal together meaning that you would come out of a random portal. Is this possible in heroes 6 to interconnect 3 or more portals?

Will a way to just generate random maps to user specifications ever be implemented for heroes 6? I tried reading through the 10 pages of posts but may have missed it.

Originally posted by Wulfgar1978:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nemaaa:
    Thanks Nemaaa, I'll have a play around with it and see what I can come up with. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wulfgar, did you happen to figure this out by any chance? I'm trying now too, but using the createEntity or placeEntity scenario triggers don't seem to do anything. I have all kinds of fancy setup with subroutines/functions, conditions and you name it that makes it all work like object-oriented coding, but no units are ever placed on the map. I've bug tested it by using displayText's, which tell me that events are triggered, so I know the trigger setup is not dead wrong. Any more luck with you?

Cheers!

For anyone interested in the orc2zip utility that converts the .orc archives to .zips, you can get it from this link: http://www.multiupload.com/NL011UXGU0

I've tried it and it works great. Now, there are several Datax.orc files and the one containing all the scenarios is Data2.orc. I did not get any virus warnings with this file, with both Adaware and AVG running in the background.

Be aware that using this executable is your own responsibility. Even though I haven't experienced anything wrong with it, I cannot guarantee its 100% lack of mal-ware. Use monitoring software in the b/g while opening it.

Have fun!

Originally posted by Dasher3:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In my selfmade maps I don't get any dynasty xp, is there a way to fix this?, I haven't been able to check but I assumed my dynasty weapon werent getting any xp either, is this correct, can I fix?
    The Dynasty weapons do get xp in custom maps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Yes, In the custom maps that are incuded in the game, but not for any map ive made or altered, I mostly edit existing maps that came with the game. I've found some players that say they made maps that DO give dyn weapn xp, am I doing something wrong?

I don't know about the rest of you, but as an older (64) gamer that grew up playing historical battles with cardboard counters on hexagonal maps of historical battlefields (say Gettysburg for example), I want a map with an ordinary design. I strongly feel that maps riddled with teleports and whirlpools severely undermine basic fundamental good strategy and create an extremely frustrating and annoying experience. I find it very interesting that the only map from Heroes V that met these requirements for the most part was "Rise to Power" and that it has been included (albeit somewhat modified) in Heroes VI. I cannot believe I am the only one that feels this way. Others need to chime in on this very important issue so that Ubisoft/Black Hole when releasing expansions or sequels meets this important criteria. I HATE TELEPORTERS AND WHIRLPOOLS!!!!