Originally posted by kirstgod:
    EDIT3: I tested with a few different heroes and appearently the reported difficulty depends on either the hero type or the specific hero - I should've known it wouln't be so damn simple After a few tests for Haven Heroes, it appears that it depends on the hero type (knight, vindicator, inquisitor, etc.) with only one exception of the hero Laurielle. I'll get some more work done on this another day.
    After few more tests, the difficulty report is found to depend on the following variables:

- Army Power value (main factor of interest)
    - Hero Level
    - <STRIKE>Hero Affinity (Might/Magic)</STRIKE> (further tests proved that this did not matter)
    - Hero Reputation (Tears/Blood/Neutral) Tier

I'll need a few more tests before I run some measurements, but with so many variables, I am most likely going to be investigating only 7 hero levels (1,5,10,15,20,25 and 30).

Things I need to test for still:

> <STRIKE>If the report is dependant on Faction</STRIKE> (tested negative).
    > <STRIKE>If the report is dependant on Destiny/Leadership</STRIKE> (tested negative).
    > <STRIKE>If the report is dependant on Creature initiation/movement/HP</STRIKE> (tested negative).
    > <STRIKE> If the report is dependant on Creature damage modifier (such as archery)</STRIKE> (tested negative).
    > <STRIKE> If the report is dependant on Might ATK/DEF or Magic ATK/DEF</STRIKE> (tested negative).

- - - Summary - - -

Difficulty level report was found to depend on opposing army power value, hero level and reputation tier. I will make measurements and collect the data, but it will take a while.

Originally posted by kirstgod:

Try this small guide.
    So we are unable to make a bridge under which it is possible to pass?

Originally posted by NomadHM:
    So we are unable to make a bridge under which it is possible to pass?
    With the method I described, yes - it is not possible to make a bridge that you can pass both over and under. But like I mentioned, it may not be the only way, and they might change the way bridges work in later patches.

I think the problem or limitation with these bridges lies with the game engine not understanding that the player can cross something that doesn't have terrain in the first place. If you sculpt a ditch or valley and then place a bridge object between one side of that valley to the other, the engine only reads passable area from the actual terrain, not the bridge object. So that's why it's necessary to have passable terrain all the way, and put the bridge on that terrain, since it's how the engine reads whether the player can walk there or not. It's a bit limited, and I hope they can add objects like bridges to what the engine defines as passable in future patches.

- - -Difficulty Report System - - -

I finally found the necessary relations etc.

However, with the game only being patch 1.1.1. at the moment, I decided not to go deep into investigating the effect of the hero reputation tier. It should however be obvious that the higher the tier, the easier will monsters be reported.
    With future patches coming up, the whole system might change anyway, and I would like to get more playing around with the actual editor.

The final results are collected here.

More related to map balancing rather than map building.

Currently working on a map with the following general setup:

- A three-step primary quest, consisting of the controlable hero to first conquer control over barracks to garrison units, then to initiate an uproar and finally conquer a town in order to establish a foothold (there's a reason for all this ofc, am writing the story).
    - two optional side quests with one of them resulting in an alliance and the other testing the hero (it will be possible to lose the map by failing the final step of that quests due to the hero being enslaved).
    - The map will either be 64x64 or 128x128, and even possibly something in between.

I hope making this map will help me get inside the editor and understand its' functions accordingly and at the same time get more used to the trigger system. Especially the optional quests are going to be a challenge.

I hope making this map will help me get inside the editor and understand its' functions accordingly and at the same time get more used to the trigger system. Especially the optional quests are going to be a challenge.
    Sounds cool. I'm working on one myself, for pretty much the same reasons. Right now it's 128x128 and one locked faction (not selectable or random) in each corner. Haven't worked out the story yet and my triggers will be required accordingly so we'll see how it goes. It's fun though, a bit like good old H3 times.

Originally posted by mikkelgro:

Next part is agreeing on a Heroes fan site we can up- and download maps we make to and from. Any suggestions?

Cheers!
    I suggest CelestialHeavens, but I like Maps4Heroes as well.

Have a little problem with editor, based on the instructions I should see the terrain textures here, but instead I see those on every terrain texture :
    http://img802.imageshack.us/im...9181/beztytuuxok.jpg

any solutions?

Originally posted by fenrir866:
    Have a little problem with editor, based on the instructions I should see the terrain textures here, but instead I see those on every terrain texture :
    http://img802.imageshack.us/im...9181/beztytuuxok.jpg
    First of all, try check your gameversion, you can open the gu.exe file in the game folder and if you're missing a patch, that could definately be a starting point.

If that is not the issue; are you by any chance using the program via Steam?

To me it looks like a broken link between the editors terrain panel and the library for textures, and I sadly have no solution (other than it probably could be a missing patch). If not, you can always try re-installing the game and if the issue persists, then I suggest a bugreport.