Add blood/tear switch in hero editer

Hi everyone.
    I want a funtional switch in the heroes editer so that one need not to build a new hero for the opposite rep.
    Whats is more, i finished sanctuary campaign with Irina followed the blood path. And in return she showed up in dynasty folder to be in blood path. Now I want her in tear path for the duel. This is why i come up with the idea. what do u think, guys?

Originally posted by mikkelgro:
    I managed, after a lot of map tweaks (not triggers), to make a bridge that worked:
    Any chance you can share what you did to achieve it? So far I've only figured out that the campaigns have built a path right underneath the bridges that are somehow higher in altitude than the surrounding map except the joint point, but I haven't figured how they managed to make it yet.

As far as I can see right now, you build the a "terrain bridge" with the landscape tools and then make the ledges transparent and place the bridge objects on top afterwards. I'll come back when I figure it out.

EDIT: Think I found how they did it. Will be right back if it works.

EDIT2: Yep, my method definately made a bridge work and it appears to be the same build-up way as the game designers, however for a final touch there needs tweaking to remove the transparent ugliness there is produced. I will post some screens later when I figure out the last part.

As far as I can see right now, you build the a "terrain bridge" with the landscape tools and then make the ledges transparent and place the bridge objects on top afterwards. I'll come back when I figure it out.

EDIT: Think I found how they did it. Will be right back if it works.

EDIT2: Yep, my method definately made a bridge work and it appears to be the same build-up way as the game designers, however for a final touch there needs tweaking to remove the transparent ugliness there is produced. I will post some screens later when I figure out the last part.
    How do you make the terrain bridge with transparent edges? This is confusing.

Originally posted by shop6710E0F3E:
    Coming up soon. The whole problem is to tweak the graphics....

Originally posted by shop6710E0F3E:
    Try this small guide.

It is very rough, but did prove as a current solution to your problem. And the real issue with that method is the graphical tweaking to make it look good due to the transparency required.

However, after having looked through quite a few of the maps made by the map designers themselves, it seems they made bridges in the same manner.

Originally posted by kirstgod:
    Try this small guide.
    Right on the money kirstgod. Just the way I did it. Like you say, what takes time is basically hiding the ugly abrupt edges caused by hiding mesh squares (or polygon quads). My method was stolen mostly from the game maps, hiding the 'holes' with geometrical obstacles like large rock pillars and stone walls. Also, the water plane is essential for having water going under the bridge. I'm curious as to why BH decided to not let the normal water go through everything too, instead being stopped by terrain mesh boundaries. Perhaps it's for increasing frame rate, I don't know.

Any way, I wanted to wait a little and see if y'all figured it out yourselves, which you did.

@kirstgod, just curious, what's your procedure for making those awesome guides/statistics you share? I'd like to make similar ones in the same style, since I find them very clear and easy to read. Do you use google docs by any chance?

I think it'd be a good idea for us to make guides and share other discoveries in the same manner, and I vote for your visual style.

Originally posted by mikkelgro:
    @kirstgod, just curious, what's your procedure for making those awesome guides/statistics you share? I'd like to make similar ones in the same style, since I find them very clear and easy to read. Do you use google docs by any chance?

I think it'd be a good idea for us to make guides and share other discoveries in the same manner, and I vote for your visual style.
    Eh, my procedure? ... I have none

I am studying for an undergraduate degree in chemistry at the moment, and I have written notes to several subjects/classes for 3 years now, it might be from there that the "style" you speak of originates. I just open MS Office, write away, insert screens, print as pdf and share it. I try to write in a very basic language, mostly due to the fact that my english vocabulary ain't the best.

The statistics are actually quite common if you know a few math tools

- - -

Regarding the bridge thing, I made a new map in order to test something out: it is by far easiest to deal with higher altitudes:

I have a copy of the map for that bridge here.

Try this small guide.
    Thanks! I'll try that. I gave up on the bridge for my current map and just made a land mass that worked across the water. I want to insert a bridge later after I get done putting in vegetation and doodads.

Originally posted by lurhta:
    Add blood/tear switch in hero editer

Hi everyone.
    I want a funtional switch in the heroes editer so that one need not to build a new hero for the opposite rep.
    Whats is more, i finished sanctuary campaign with Irina followed the blood path. And in return she showed up in dynasty folder to be in blood path. Now I want her in tear path for the duel. This is why i come up with the idea. what do u think, guys?
    Hello lurhta.

I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for, but it is possible to set the tier of a unit as an action by a trigger in the editor. You can make the trigger happen by various different conditions, like entering a location, killing a unit, etc.

The way I did it was the following:
    1. I added a location to the map by opening the selection panel (the one with the arrow icon), opened the subwindow Map locations and added a location I was certain to remember where was. I renamed it Rep (make sure to call it something you know).
    2. I added a trigger in the editor under event triggers with the following entries:

3. When I tested the map and the hero entered the location, the hero gained Tier 2 of Tears reputation (changed my hero from Cleric to Confessor)

However, there seems to be lots of bugs with the reputations stuff. With this trigger, a cutscene of the hero "transforming" popped, but his appearence did not change until after the cutscene...