KingImp's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Marzhin93:
    edit: So I got some answers and currently there is no way to limit a Factionhero to a certain faction.
    Wow! They just don't get it, do they?

Have these people even played a Heroes game before?

I decided to give this a go and investigate this system. I collected the following data.
    Wow, this is a very elaborate and detailed research you've done here of the army value. I also wondered what this was. Thanks for that! Your presentation is quite professional looking too. Great work.

Originally posted by molinaro:
    Mukao is triggered to come out once the AI hero Kenage is killed.
    Thanks man, appreciate it!
    ... but ehhh... what would trigger Kenage to come out?
    And if it's another name... that one?
    and so on?
    Because for some that map takes 4 months and some others 13 months...

But if it's too much trouble nvm

There's a series of waves of attackers, Kenage is in the last wave. The waves come out based on when you kill the previous wave.

When I played the map I was out with 2 heroes running all over grabbing joins from the start. I had 26 joins before the 1st wave of attackers showed up. That gave me enough army that I did not have to sit in town. I went straight at the attackers and killed them quickly.

I never had a fight at the town. So the next waves would show up pretty much every week and that leads to the final boss showing up mid to end of the 3r month.

Even with that short quick run I was able to complete the veterans quest and the 40 joins quest.

Is anyone else having their MP map not show up when they try to test it in MP ?
    Yes the map is set to melee, although I have tried saving it as Custom/campaign as well.
    It shows up for me as single player but trying to play with a friend who also has it and it won't show up....
    I'm a little worried considering the old Homm games you picked your map after having created a room and having players join.
    Hopefully its something simple or esoteric I've missed...
    Anyways thanks for the help in advance.

Originally posted by mikkelgro:
    Wow, this is a very elaborate and detailed research you've done here of the army value. I also wondered what this was. Thanks for that! Your presentation is quite professional looking too. Great work.
    Cheers, glad to hear that
    Don't use the difficulty research yet though, I still need to test it depending on hero types and levels. However, the fact that it depends on hero level adds a 30-step variable and hero type adds at least another 4. So the amount of data required to be collected is becoming quite large.

Crossing bridges.

I have this posted several places and no one seems to answer, though I see bridges in peoples' maps.

I built a bridge spanning a river. My heroes from either side will not cross it no matter what I seem to do. I am missing something in the "Passibility" function I am sure, but I can't figure out what it is.

Can anyone help?

Sorry for the dumb name, but ubisoft assigned this to me when I registered and pre-ordered. I emailed them to see if I could change it and they said it wasn't possible. I never saw a spot to choose a nickname.

Malgor

I currently have no access to further testing with the difficulty report system.

But from the data collected about the army values for all the units, I made a few statistics.
    Conclusions from these statistics are:

- In general, it seems that the Inferno faction has the highest average army value per unit overall. The faction with the lowest average army value per unit overall seems to be Sanctuary.

(Please note that army value defines the strength of the army, just because the army value for units are lower doesn't mean they by definition are worse; if the army value of 2 armies are the same, but with units of different army values, the one with the smallest value will have more units).

- The champion unit (tier 3) of the sanctuary faction clearly differ from the rest of the factions in their army value, inflicting a high impact on the statistics.

- The standard deviation of army value per unit decreases for each tier.

Remember that they're statistics and only provide a model of the real situation.

- - -

@shop6710E0F3E: I will try help with this if I get some leftover time.

Originally posted by molinaro:
    There's a series of waves of attackers, Kenage is in the last wave. The waves come out based on when you kill the previous wave.

When I played the map I was out with 2 heroes running all over grabbing joins from the start. I had 26 joins before the 1st wave of attackers showed up. That gave me enough army that I did not have to sit in town. I went straight at the attackers and killed them quickly.

I never had a fight at the town. So the next waves would show up pretty much every week and that leads to the final boss showing up mid to end of the 3r month.

Even with that short quick run I was able to complete the veterans quest and the 40 joins quest.
    Yeah I had no problems at all either, just some people claim the attacks just go on and on for 13 months. So I wondered if there was a hidden condition, like talk to Elisabeth or w/e.
    Well thank you, appreciate you took the time. Back to map discussion and pardon my interjections.

I managed, after a lot of map tweaks (not triggers), to make a bridge that worked: