Is there a way reload your bombs/ammo and refuel after you have landed on your base? Sometimes you run out of ammo and there are still targets left in the air/ground. It would be AWESOME if this was possible. There has to be a way??

Is there a way reload your bombs/ammo and refuel after you have landed on your base? Sometimes you run out of ammo and there are still targets left in the air/ground. It would be AWESOME if this was possible. There has to be a way??

-HH-Quazi's Avatar Senior Member
    Afraid not m8. This has been a topic of discussion on the ORR forums with m8s wanting the same. The only thing you can do is either try to use your ammo as sparingly as possible to stretch it's use, or, land hit refly and go on to the next. If you are playing a dynamic campaign, those ground targets left from a previous mission may very well be in place when you start the next.

WWSensei's Avatar Senior Member
    Just set the difficulty option of ammo to unlimited. Same effect. Go ahead and land when you are ready and pretend they reloaded you.

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    *bump*

My first poast at this board years ago was starting a thread asking if ReFuel and ReArm was possible, and I was politely told no. But I rushed out to get the sim late that night anyways as I always wanted to fly I-16 and MiG-3 in a sim and I had just found out about this one. ReFuel and ReArm with a required wait is a core fun gameplay feature for me, as its immersive and historically "realistic(tm)" for some types of WW2 missions.

You can use unlimited Fuel/Ammo, but they are neither realistic nor immersive because (1) the way you plan your engagements, if at all, depends on ammo and fuel status and (2) you are not required to make a decision to land and have to wait for a refit. Waiting on the ground, and on carrier deck, for a time can cause some interesting gameplay experiences if your airfield (or carrier) comes under air attack while you sit vulnerable during refit. Unlimited Fuel/Ammo does not model either of these gameplay features.

In the old DOS Su-27 Flaker 1.0 sim from 1995, I made "extended" extra length missions that made the player *think* before landing and re-fitting. If you were low on fuel or ammo, do you stay in the air and help fight the enemy, or do you risk landing to arm up again, as you could be caught on the ground during the (rather short) refit wait...?

Good question! Wellcome to Forgotten Board.

Man that sucks. It would've added a whole new DIMENSINON to this awesome game. Isn't there a super-savvy modder out there that can add some lines of code and make refuel/reload thing work??? Or a simple patch from MADDOX?

Unlimited Fuel would sorta work but Unlimited Ammo wouldn't because this includes bombs and missiles. You can't dogfight with 2 1000lb bombs strapped on your wings forever.

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    This is a simulation. Refueling and reloading took hours in real life for most planes, not seconds. The emphasis in this game is realism and survival. Use your ammo wisely like they did in real life. Run away if you have to and fight another day if you are low on ammo.

If you want to play a game with the features you talked about go get BF1942. Furthermore, the code is closed and can't be modded. Besides, most of it is probably in Russian.

jacob:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It would've added a whole new DIMENSINON to this awesome game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Awsim game! But, no such modding available for this feature. Maybe a simple ReArm/ReFuel option will be included for Oleg's next sim BoB And Beyond as the feature offers many customers an extra gameplay option.

A whole class of community made "extended" missions could be made and shared that would (roughly) simulate historic short turn around operations -- minutes, not "hours"(tm) -- like interception (Bf-109s over Reich) or Army close air support (Hs-129 in Romania) -- if we had flyable Hs-129.

...but only roughly. To better simulate such operations, developers would have to program surviving or undamaged AI -- all of them across the map, not just the player's squadron -- to also land and refit for another sortie during the "mission" run or game run. The dymamic campaign designers would have to make it work (Lowengrin would do it with love). But, just player aircraft refit would be a simple way for developers to add an immersive method of simulating multiple sorties using extended mission design concepts like I used in Flaker 1.0. Stay tuned! Stay hopeful!

Chivas's Avatar Senior Member

Surviving the Battle of Britain depended on being able to refuel and rearm aircraft quickly as pilots quite often flew several mission a day. The turn around times were measured in minutes. BOB will not be simulated very well if this option isn't available.

~Salute~
    Chivas

Well, its doubtful if the developers will spend the resources to program all surviving and undamaged AI aircraft to refit during a mission or game run, and allow mission designers or the dynamic campaign mission generator to make use of multiple AI sorties, so nothing is going to be truly "100% realistc(tm)" in this area. But doing this would be a true advance in air warfare simulation, and real advances are always difficult but often worthwile. But again, even just simplistic player aircraft refitting would allow an extra gameplay option for those desiring it for certain uses. It was alot of fun in Flaker 1.0, both in gameplay and extended mission design.