PapaG39's Avatar Senior Member
    My monitor, a viewsonic P95f+ has only three choices for setting for desktop colors.
    Default, which is all washed out, and the Brightness and Contrast settings.

I have read many posts on how to properly set the brightness & contrast, but if I get the grass green the sky blue then the water is "pitch black"

Anyway I have been trying to set the colors through the ati's CCC under colors,,which gives
    either:
    Set color correction for:

Full screen 3D or Desktop

Three combinations for setting color under 3D are: Gamma, Brightness, and Contrast

Under the Desktop settings you can use the Blue, Green & Red individually.

I know that there must be a proper sequence of order to adjust these colors to get them to come out right.

For instance, right now (Il2 only) I have great sky & clouds, but the grass area is a bit to yellow & the water is pure black. If I get the water closer to actual then the sky & clouds are wayyy to bright.

Does anyone here know the proper sequence to tune with the Red, Green & Blue under the desktop scenario or the 3D?

In the ATI's CCC, Which should I use for the games, the Desktop or 3D settings?

I have the X1900XT card, and all drivers, dir X9c are up to newest...

stalkervision's Avatar Banned
    I'd like to know to because I have the same card..

-HH-Quazi's Avatar Senior Member
    In the CCC under the Video setting, click on Avivo Color Basic & turn the Saturation all the way up. See if this helps any m8s.

The ati tech support says that the jAvivo is ***NOT*** for setting in-game colors. The color section (above the audio/avivo) is the proper settings for in-game color.

This is what I'm trying to find out though..from fokes who do know...not just guessing...because, it is all just a big mystery to me...lol..

I guess noone knows how to properly adjust colors in the ccc/il2 game...bummer

I have the grass area with lush greens & aircraft show up quite well, but now the water is pitch black & the clouds are so white that they just look like very bright white spots & not clouds.

Then if I get the water a little lighter & the clouds good, then the ground is all washed out..

I just can't find the correct combination of gamma, brightness & contrast...bummer

I have paint shop pro 8, which has that gamma thing. I centered all the colors, but I don't see any difference. I'm most likely doing it wrong.

MaxMhz's Avatar Senior Member
    If you follow the last link of my posting on Airwarfare you'll land at a site that will take you through the whole process step by step.
    It can take a while. You'll need to determine the white point at noon, determine the blackpoint, and then make sure red green and blue are set to the correct gamma. If you don't see a difference afterwards, you might hve had a correct setting for your monitor already, although that's not very likely. It's too much work, so manufacturers use a general setting which might not 'fit' your monitor.
    here's the link again The ubi forum here has a quite interesting background colour. If you adjust gamma incorrect you should see a colour difference here - red,blue purple,green, anything that isn't gray is wrong

Paitshop Pro does have aGamma correction utility but AFAIK adobe's utility is much better and can apply gamma correction on startup (PSP's does not AFAIK). the adobe utility will be installed with the free version (time limited) of photoshop. The utility itself is not time limited, only PS is

Oh wow, this is getting a bit deep for me...
    If I read u right, I have to get to adobes site and register fill out lots of stuff & then download adobe photo shop trial thing to get the one utility for calibrating the colors on my monitor.

To go through this the utility really has to be simple for me to even begin to understand what i'm doing. The older I get the worse this stuff gets to me...lol..

I grew up in the days of the manual paint brush...all this computer stuff takes lots of time to get even the simplest of stuff right. right..lol..

O.K., I dl'ed Adobe paint shop cs3 extended.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►