-HH-Quazi's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by PapaG39:
    I am surprised that ati has not put together a good utility for color calibrating. On their website they don't even (that I can find) have a step by step for adjusting colors with their CCC.
    Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place, but ati's tech support doesn't seem to be anything that they could be proud of...
    Amen brother. There is no reason they can't implement a similar program or feature and build into the Cat drivers like that Digital Vibrance feature nVidia uses in their Forceware drivers that I mentioned above.

PapaG39's Avatar Senior Member
    Perhaps we should try & get people on these forums to send e-mails to ati beta testers imploring them to compete with Nvida on the calibration tool for colors.

This is of real importance to me because at 67 my eyes just are not what they were at 25...lol

Il2 is my main game because I just love to fly.
    I had to retire from flying early because of my hearing so il2 is a way for me to relax. I love it..
    The problem is that I can't see those tiny pixels well enough to give me time to make an attack plan. If I could just bring things in a little sharper then I would have a much better time of it...
    A couple of times I did get the right object density, but then the water is so blace that I can't see anything in that direction. Also when the water is black the clouds are so bright that they look horrible. That doesn't make sense to me, but that's the way it turns out..

maybe by Christmas I will have saved enough to get the Samsung 226BW...

Yea. I am just 43yrs old but about a month ago, and after having perfect vision all of my life, my eyes started going screwy on me. Everything just got blurred. I can hardly read these forums now. And it happened like overnight.

And you are correct. About the only thing we, and others in the same boat, can do is to save up for a real good LCD.

Yeah, my vision changed when I hit 48...like overnight.. I started with those little J.C. Penney cheater glasses & by 50 I was the full blowen glasses...

One thing that I have found helps though, I have a special pair of glasses that are just for the computer. They are set for the exact distance that I sit from the computer.
    They do help.
    Ha Ha..it's just the normal process of getting older I guess..lol..

Yeah, my vision changed when I hit 48...like overnight.. I started with those little J.C. Penney cheater glasses & by 50 I was the full blowen glasses...

One thing that I have found helps though, I have a special pair of glasses that are just for the computer. They are set for the exact distance that I sit from the computer.
    They do help.
    Ha Ha..it's just the normal process of getting older I guess..lol..
    I have been in denial about getting older I guess. Sure didn't want to attribute the change in my eyesight to it. But I guess you just confirmed it for me. Boohoohoo

No one wanted to admit that more then me...
    when I was younger I could be driving & spot a moose cow & calf a mile away in the brush along the hillside. I would stop & actually have to get binoculars out so others could see them.
    I could just pick stuff out of the brush with no problem. Now & use a magnifing glass on some stuff.. yep. sorry charley...ur gettin older...lol..

I'd rather loose my hair though, not my eye sight.

MaxMhz's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, I have installed this thing, but for the life of me, I can not find anything that even eludes to calibrate colors. I can't even find the word "gamma" in the index or help/\.

What word am I looking for here?
    Check Adobe's Technote here

That should make it clear.
    Catalyst settings:
    Do a start>Programs>Catalyst Control Center>CCC Advanced
    There is a help button at the top.

Now didn't they hide all that nice?

And we're not done yet lol - your monitor software can also install color profiles:

Start>Control Panel> double clickDisplay select 'Settings' tab, click Advanced click Color Management tab.
    And you can have multiple monitors... lol

bored yet? - they all work together and influence eachother
    nV's digital vibrance is just another word for colour saturation.

So you guys are complaining about the 'darks' being too dark and the 'brights' being too bright? Maybe try lowering the contrast setting?

I understand that nV's digital vibrance is just another word for color saturation Max. But with ATI it only affects video\movies. It doesn't work outside of that.

With nV, when you move the slider to increase saturation, it saturates every aspect of your monitor. The desktop, 3D games (this sim), pics, etc. And it truly made it allot less in depth\easier when trying to get older, washed out CRT's to render the games colors in a way that almost makes the sim actually come alive so to speak.

My question to you. Do you know if it would be that much of a chore for ATI to fix it so that their color saturation adjustment affects everything thing ala nV, & not just videos\movies? I know it will probably never happen. I just want to know if you think it would be all that hard to do this.

Thanks for taking the time & contributing to this thread m8.