Hi. I juat bought this game and I have a saitek x52 flight control system but need help setting it up can anyone send me a file or anything...

e-mail:

welder3000@yahoo.com

Hi. I juat bought this game and I have a saitek x52 flight control system but need help setting it up can anyone send me a file or anything...

e-mail:

welder3000@yahoo.com

The good thing about the X52 is that you can set it up any way you want. This means most people probably have very different settings.

Setting up the buttons is just a matter of taste. Use the ones that are most easily available to do the things which you do most often.

I have my joystick set up different ways for different planes. The only setting which never changes on my stick is the one for moving the mouse. By default the mouse is controlled by the ministick on the throttle. I always change the mouse control to POV HAT 1. This is much easier to use in game, allowing me to move the camera and track other aircraft. If you haven't already done that then I suggest you give it a try.

What plane(s) are you flying? Is there anything specific you would like to be able to do with the joystick?

PapaG39's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, by buying a new game & controller you have set yourself up for many hours of fun playing the game & many hours of trying this & that for setting up your controller.
    I have CH controlls myself, but if you will go into the game and open up controlleres you will see a long list of options to set your controllers to .

hotis: the your x/roll axis...Just high light the aileron line & push the stick to the right & it will take.
    then do the same for the y axis...elevator...
    highlight that line U pull back on the stick.

basically do the rest of those lines the same way & they will go to the button that you feel best with.
    There are so many combinations that it could fill the forum with different ways that different fokes do them.

a few basics that you will find usefull:
    rudder trim left and right
    flaps up and down
    Gear.. I use the spacebar for this because it is so big I don't even have to look to hit it.
    Next enemy view
    next friendly view
    next enemy chase view
    external padlock enemy air
    Cockpit view and External view ( in & out of cockpit)
    external padlock friendly air
    chase view
    Toggle FOV...very useful
    fly by view
    Toggle gunsight...very useful
    fire rockets and drop bombs..
    external padlock enemy ground (also friendly)
    padlock enemy ground (also friendly)

I try & get like scenarios oll on the same hat switch for ease of remembering, such as:
    a 4 way hat switch: forward = fire rockets
    down = drop da bombs

that should give u some ideas...have fun