Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Some more news on FSX.

I'm personally p!ssing myself waiting for this (as well as BoB) to be released!

The active road and boat traffic (including trans-oceanic types) sound pretty cool.

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=m...ature/fsx1.htm

I saw a video of moving road traffic on Gamespot. It's sweet.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    $70.... huh....

Originally posted by Bearcat99:
    $70.... huh....
    You spend over a hundred dollars on Il-2 and its subsequent patches/addons, but you complain about an all-inclusive simulator costing $70 with basically everything a civil aviator could think of wanting?

:coughhypocritecough:

Considering all the features it has that we know about, I'm actually surprised it won't cost more. The thing practically looks photoreal, and from those videos Gozr posted, radio communication sounds spot on as opposed to what we have in FS9 now.

Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by LStarosta:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
    $70.... huh....
    You spend over a hundred dollars on Il-2 and its subsequent patches/addons, but you complain about an all-inclusive simulator costing $70 with basically everything a civil aviator could think of wanting?

:coughhypocritecough:

Considering all the features it has that we know about, I'm actually surprised it won't cost more. The thing practically looks photoreal, and from those videos Gozr posted, radio communication sounds spot on as opposed to what we have in FS9 now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, BC. I am a fan of yours, but:

+1

willyvic's Avatar Moderator
    Now THIS will warrant an upgrade. Can't wait. Been flying the series since its inception.

WV.

All i can say is .. wow.

I've got 2004 on my HD, and honestly, it never caught my attention - the scenery in FS2004 has more in common with FS5, than FSX - IMHO. The blockyness of everything was an immersion buzz-kill. I want to know that the sim will closely approximate the regional environments that i am familiar with from 2-4,000 feet up.. FS2004 didn't really come too close for a region with 11 million people in it..

If this geographically accurate scenery is the norm rather than the exception for FSX, i'm in like Flynn.

Yep, this could be good. I still am waiting for the first real DirectX 10 screenshots though. I've said it before, I'm not sold on early adopting MS Vista, which is a requirement for Dx10 stuff.

And the price, well MSFS has been higher than other PC titles before. In my current FS2004 install I've got nearly $150 in pay addons, triple the cost of FS2004 itself.

Originally posted by Bandit.426Cdn:
    All i can say is .. wow.

I've got 2004 on my HD, and honestly, it never caught my attention - the scenery in FS2004 has more in common with FS5, than FSX - IMHO. The blockyness of everything was an immersion buzz-kill. I want to know that the sim will closely approximate the regional environments that i am familiar with from 2-4,000 feet up.. FS2004 didn't really come too close for a region with 11 million people in it..

If this geographically accurate scenery is the norm rather than the exception for FSX, i'm in like Flynn.
    lol in FS9, there's an extra river that doesn't exist north of my hometown and local airfield that doesn't exist IRL. Now that's a buzzkill .

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►