Why in all my time on the forums did nobody say that it`s like learning to walk all over again?

I practised offline a bit then had to fly with my squad yesterday....

Taxxing. I feel like a new born duckling! waddling left when I want to right, right when I want to go left. Too hard brakes-oops- nose over!

Finally, waddle my way to the line up. Brakes. Power up, roll, plane starts swinging go to counter with footpedals, go wrong way, PANIC - everything goes wrong - crash, bail run away!

The crew graciuosly restart. No mistakes this time... But oh no, fouled up hit nearest object- BOOM!! Sit out 2 entire missions like a naughty boy...

When I had the twist stick, no probs. But now I just keep mixing my left and right up. Agggghhhh! I `m a noob all over again! It`s like Track IR but for your FEET getting used to this!!

Oh well, just lots of practise offline, methinks...

Why in all my time on the forums did nobody say that it`s like learning to walk all over again?

I practised offline a bit then had to fly with my squad yesterday....

Taxxing. I feel like a new born duckling! waddling left when I want to right, right when I want to go left. Too hard brakes-oops- nose over!

Finally, waddle my way to the line up. Brakes. Power up, roll, plane starts swinging go to counter with footpedals, go wrong way, PANIC - everything goes wrong - crash, bail run away!

The crew graciuosly restart. No mistakes this time... But oh no, fouled up hit nearest object- BOOM!! Sit out 2 entire missions like a naughty boy...

When I had the twist stick, no probs. But now I just keep mixing my left and right up. Agggghhhh! I `m a noob all over again! It`s like Track IR but for your FEET getting used to this!!

Oh well, just lots of practise offline, methinks...

@SeaFireLIV ohh yes... it`s like learning to walking all over again

just think that you are to step/kick in the direction you whant to go

small adjustments and increase if needed when it stedys and don`t parry the swing but hold it stedy til it stops
    then add on some presure if needed

at take off i have found that breaking and kicking in full rudder helps getting the tail around realfast (at relativly lowspeed (no the tail is never of the ground)) but only in some ac`s hmm...

(have my set of elite pedles since janes ww2 fighters thinking of getting some simped ones now)

Arcadeace's Avatar Senior Member
    I wonder if the day will come us twisters will be judged Wonder Woman grippers?

Arcadeace, you have my permission to give me a verbal SLAP! If I call anyone Wonder woman for using a twist stick over pedals!

You'll run faster than ever once you learn to walk in foot pedals, be sure.

Sounds very familiar. I even set mine up the wrong way round (i.e. press left to go right) to start with and had to re-set when I looked down in the cockpit! Now though it's all natural and I've also got used to not slamming the rudder to the stops! I'm liking my new setup a lot - X52 / CH Pro pedals / TIR2. Great stuff.
    Good luck with the learning curve!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
    Why in all my time on the forums did nobody say that it`s like learning to walk all over again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    We were telling everyone that.

I recall posting that the change from twist to pedal hurts a lot as long as you have to do it conciously. It starts to pay off when you already do it unconciously.

Try loosing your ailerons in a high-speed dive, and then bring your bird back for a clean landing on the runway, turning it with rudder only. It was the practice I needed for avoiding any left/right mix-ups later on....

Thnx for the advice, fellow virtual pilots.

My question..

Does a desk seat (with wheels) still suit or do you pedal-guys all have seats with 4 legs now? So you don't roll backwards. I have no pedals yet but thinking about it. First a new seat though, but dunno if wheels are a good idea..

BB