First of all i know we shouldn't give too much value to small matters in a great sim, always those what-if statements... but it helps to keep the game alive for everyone so here we go again:

Maybe Oleg and crew could add the following features to the PF carriers (although i've heard he stated that no further development is planned for PF?)

The possibility to put stationary objects on the deck, like a static cam which would make recording decklandings/take offs very interesting.

a decklight to make evening landings somewhat easier. Even Nightlandings might be possible... (the next challenge?)

revolving radars (on the moving carriers at least)

and lastly: a Waving flag (whoeheeeee)

Originally posted by aukieboy:

The possibility to put stationary objects on the deck, like a static cam which would make recording decklandings/take offs very interesting.

and lastly: a Waving flag (whoeheeeee)
    Dot we already have it? Next time press Ctr+F1 or Ctr+F2 and repeat pressing until you get there! Or did I understand your question correctly? We are talking about a cam(= camera?).

Have a nice weekend,
    Wallstein

Well I am not a mission builder but I have been in missions with cameras on the deck and lights on the deck. I have even seen lights in the water (on static carriers). I have even witnessed moving radar dishes. The radar will track the incoming enemy aircraft.

Like I said... I don't make missions so I can't tell you how all of this was accomplished. But I am sure the people who do can.

well is there anyone who can tell me then Cause i don't get it yet

a static camera on the deck of a carrier is new to me though i know á carrier has a cam itself but that is not a seperate static cam like the ones you can put on the airfield... and thats where i'm going to

Well you might ask your question in the mission builders forum. I repaint skins and I have always received an honest answer to my repaint questions in the paint scheme forum. Give the mission builders a try.

Taylortony's Avatar Senior Member
    We give you an honest answer in the paint forum Bulldog? **** we must be slipping...

The lights and static camera are both very possible with static carriers on a DF map. No waving flag, sorry. I have never seen the radar antennas move on any of the ships, on any of the maps in IL-2. If they ARE moving, I'm sorry I missed them - that would be a cool feature.

For you mission builders out there, try this just for fun : Put an Essex class carrier in a coop, somewhere close to a land base. Give it a very slow speed at it's first two waypoints - say, 5 Kph. Then crank it up to it's max of 56 Kph. Next, put an F4F-4 on the carrier, and give it a takeoff waypoint just off the bow of the ship. Place a flight or two of your (or your squad's) favorite carrier planes on the land base close by.

Run this coop with cockpits off and externals on. The "LSO" will jump into the wildcat, and taxi around to the aft part of the flight deck on the port side, where the LSO's platform is. Park it there with chocks in and fold your wings. This is possible only during that time the carrier is moving slow.

Now, when your boys begin coming aboard, you can turn your cockpit off and it looks just like it would from the LSO's point of view. The Wildcat is small enough that it's hardly noticable from the air (use the three tone camo scheme for the Wildcat) and with the chocks "in", you will not interfere with the landing traffic. They, on the other hand, can kill you quite easily from debris when they hit the fantail! But then, that's what you're there for - to keep them from doing that!

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    Good info m8.
    Thanks.

The carrier suggestion I mentioned were ment for moving carriers because it would be really cool to record taking off or landing aircraft with a camera that is actually placed on the carriers deck.. like a ships crew member watching planes take off or land.
    But thanks for the replies anyway.