My biggest fear was that my computer would not be able to handle PF. So, I was quite suprised and happy to find that it runs quite well. Havn't gone online yet but I just did a Quick Mission againts three acft and it was stutter free. I'll never see water like the pictures but all considered, I'm happy with what I got.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/28/2004, 18:56:55
    Machine name: VAIO
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    System Model: PCV-RX572(UC)
    BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 146MB used, 1870MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce FX 5200
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: SONY CPD-G220R

My biggest fear was that my computer would not be able to handle PF. So, I was quite suprised and happy to find that it runs quite well. Havn't gone online yet but I just did a Quick Mission againts three acft and it was stutter free. I'll never see water like the pictures but all considered, I'm happy with what I got.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/28/2004, 18:56:55
    Machine name: VAIO
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    System Model: PCV-RX572(UC)
    BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 146MB used, 1870MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce FX 5200
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: SONY CPD-G220R

Bug another 512ram and it will run smoother still, i have nearly the same setup

My setup's pretty close to that, too. It's good to see that things are alright with the GeForce FX 5200, which is what I have, and was a little concerned about. I have that extra 512 of RAM, and am going to buy a bit more probably in a week or so.

After that, all's I need is for my order to arrive

I'm more than happy.

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    EXCELLENT! Glad that you are enjoying it. This hubub over the top graphics settings and not getting the best frame rates is insanity...you're being smart about running it according to the system that you have.

Sounds like it works just fine!

You want a low-end PC contest?

I run PF and AEP+PF on two ancient computers. Here are the specs:

Computer #1

Intel P4 1.8Mhz with 256MB DDR
    64MB GeForce4-MX440, 40MB HDD
    Generic Sound Card

Computer #2

Intel P3 733Mhz with 256MB SDRAM
    32MB GeForce2-GTS, 20MB HDD
    Generic Sound Card

Most of my graphics settings are on medium, but mostly low on the 2nd PC.

You have seen my videos and screenshots in my Carrier Landing tutorial threads. I'm not really complaining, except on dynamic campaigns involving huge number of a/c's. I think the programmers did very well

-RODION

Thanks for providing the info, guys. It's nice to know that PF is proving to be system-friendly. makes me even more anxious for the shipping to get out to Calif. What are the frame-rates that everyone's getting?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sakai9745:
    What are the frame-rates that everyone's getting? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Havn't checked yet but I imagine somewheres around 25-30 fps, same as I was getting previously.

rodion_zero, do you notice any performance issues between PF vs AEP+PF?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thud-487BS:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sakai9745:
    What are the frame-rates that everyone's getting? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Havn't checked yet but I imagine somewheres around 25-30 fps, same as I was getting previously.

rodion_zero, do you notice any performance issues between PF vs AEP+PF? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes...loading time at startup and during missions seems to be longer compared to standalone-PF (but I have yet to use a stopwatch hehe), but that's because my hard disk is slow and on the 2nd rig, the lousy SDRAM is really forcing me t-to ac-cc-ept t-the fact that stu-stuttering is c-c-cool in AEP+PF.

-RODION