Their aircraft designers - without exceptions - hated their pilots.

How they failed to include rudder or aileron trim is beyond me.

Their aircraft designers - without exceptions - hated their pilots.

How they failed to include rudder or aileron trim is beyond me.

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    I think ergonomic cockpits and automatic engine controls prove the opposite point.

BaldieJr's Avatar Senior Member
    well i agree with him. i couldnt stand half-rudder for hours no matter how many gadgets they threw at the thing.

Targ's Avatar Senior Member
    The Germans did have trim on the fighters, just that they were set on the ground pre-flight. No rudder trim until later models like the K-4. Not sure about the 190's or bomber planes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BaldieJr:
    well i agree with him. i couldnt stand half-rudder for hours no matter how many gadgets they threw at the thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe, Baldie, since they were pre trimmed for hands off at cruise, it would be rare indeed that you would be holding half rudder for hours. More like a few minutes here and there.

I think that as a new pilot it would be comforting in a way, as you definitely knew when you were leaving the recomended cruise settings while you still had plenty of time to correct.

Edit: Just read Targs post above. So maybe I'm completely out of the ballpark on this one.