WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    W0T, you mean that beautiful merlin doesnt sound as it does in real life???

Damn you for bringing up an old thread where I had a Spitifre as my sig .

Formerly Kyrule2
    http://www.jg51.com/

WTE_Ibis's Avatar Senior Member
    das tut mir leid, sorry ops:

Well, that is indeed one of the most dissapointing things in IL2 and FB...
    The sounds of the aircraft are not correct...the Fw190 sounds (almost) the same as a La5fn and in fb i was only happy with the Hurricane/P40 sound...

Why can't there be historically correct sounds in the game or at least give us the option to mod it ourself...i had real fun modding the CFS1,2 and 3 sounds to historically correct or atleast deafening roaring sounds, not M$ Lawnmowers...

I want to hear real Allisons, Rolls Royce's and other planes..and NO 2 Planes sound the same, even the 109 series, the later ones differed from the earlier ones by horsepower, and all kinds of other factors...

Consider me an OFFICIAL IL2/FB SOUNDWHINER!

Salute

Regards,

Der Tote Baron a.k.a. SK_Black_Knight....

Why not make the sound files modifyable like the voice sound files. Then the individual can customize the sounds to fit their wishes. Personally I like them the way they are. I just use them for background noise anyway.

The only change I would make would be some popping and backfiring noises when you are at idle or in a no power decent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hunde_3.JG51:
    Damn you for bringing up an old thread where I had a Spitifre as my sig .
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And not just any old Spitfire either, but the rather beautiful (and my favourite) MH434, a Spitfire Mk IX.

No1_Moggy
    -----
    In memory of 'The Few'

The Tangmere Pilots - http://www.tangmerepilots-raf.co.uk/
    Know your enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated.