Von_Rat's Avatar Senior Member
    i thought this was fixed, but ive been talking to quite a few people who are reporting being able to hear other aircraft near them.

i myself can't and i like it that way.

Von_Rat's Avatar Senior Member
    i thought this was fixed, but ive been talking to quite a few people who are reporting being able to hear other aircraft near them.

i myself can't and i like it that way.

F19_Ob's Avatar Senior Member
    I can hear planes if they pass very close, but not hear them behind, exept if my engine is off.

I've also heard that others clearly can hear planes far behind.
    Wonder if different soundcards or settings have anything to do with it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Ob:
    I can hear planes if they pass very close, but not hear them behind, exept if my engine is off.

I've also heard that others clearly can hear planes far behind.
    Wonder if different soundcards or settings have anything to do with it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Someone told me earlier that its a server setting called 'extraocclusion', which can be ON or OFF.

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    I definatly can still hear all enemy ac engines around the area with headphones, and still hear engines and gunfiring sounds any alt over a destroyed enemy aircraft. It has never been fixed and I dont think can be.

It does seem lower then it use to but can still hear a enemy ac very far out and me262 engine even further.

Once I got Nforce chip I turned sound hardware all the way up but I hear planes when they`re close.
    Not that my engine isn`t making the most noise,it is.I hardly hear anything else than my plane`s sounds.

If you turn down sound hardware acceleration in dxdiag you can hear everything around you in IL2.
    I did so couple of times and I found myself very disoriented in combat.

yup, can hear it, and if you have trackir or use the mouse to turn your view you can hear it a little better... especially if you've got a rear gunner spot.

Kuna15's Avatar Senior Member
    I can also hear the sounds of engines, and guns. Sometimes I hear MK108 miles away...

Yup, I can hear them when they are close. Sometimes it saves me from a bounce.

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    the worst is the p47s always makes you green apple splatter your jeans thinking its a 190.