🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    rain89c's Avatar Senior Member
    Here's something I've been working on recently. ^^

Assassin order concept from the Far East (revised)

High Res version:
    http://rain89c.deviantart.com/...I-Far-East-263448389

Army of Assassins of the Far East.

http://rain89c.deviantart.com/#/d4ctt7a

Jexx21's Avatar Senior Member
    Why are they carrying scrolls and have their hands in hand seals?

I hope you know that in real life, Ninjas were nothing like Naruto.

Originally posted by Jexx21:
    Why are they carrying scrolls and have their hands in hand seals?

I hope you know that in real life, Ninjas were nothing like Naruto.
    Lol, it's a pose and mainly for aesthetics. Many martial arts form have those type of so called "hand seal" poses.

You just watch too much Naruto.

Yup, I def. watch too much of it. Haven't watched it in a couple years, but I guess I watch too much of it, yup.

Originally posted by Jexx21:
    Yup, I def. watch too much of it. Haven't watched it in a couple years, but I guess I watch too much of it, yup.
    That's probably because they are showing fillers right now. ^^

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by rain89c:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
    That's probably because they are showing fillers right now. ^^ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    With Naruto I think that at any random point in time you've got about a 50% chance they're airing fillers. Ugh, I just wish he didn't turn back into that 12-year-old kid (attitude-wise) during every filler.

You guys DO know that those poses were used by Indian Buddhists right? Japan never used them until Europe broke their isolationism. And even then, only in performances. Never in real life. But aside from the personal negativity I have towards a far east AC, some improvements that could be made are depth. They all look flat, and it looks like the far right assassin has an astronaut helmet 0-o

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
    You guys DO know that those poses were used by Indian Buddhists right? Japan never used them until Europe broke their isolationism. And even then, only in performances. Never in real life. But aside from the personal negativity I have towards a far east AC, some improvements that could be made are depth. They all look flat, and it looks like the far right assassin has an astronaut helmet 0-o
    Good points. I'm also wondering ( D: ) about those scrolls...

Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
    The far right assassin with "supposed astronaut helm" actually has a veil in front of his hat. I watched a lot of Chinese martial arts movies in the past, and I just took the idea from them, many of the assassins wore those type of hats with veils to hide their identity and also for aesthetics.

And as for the poses, I actually got the influence from Chinese drama movies also. Just look at Shao Jun,
    her fingers has the same "hand seal" pose. It's a popular "finger pose" if you will, lol, in Asian martial arts, at least in films.

I know I'm quite lacking in depth, I'm working on improving on my shading. But tbh, I actually rushed through these pieces. =/

actually I don't watch Naruto. I mainly read Naruto fan-fiction >.<