🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Blind2Society's Avatar Senior Member
    Hell yeah that was epic. Great work. Definitely one of the best AC fan-vids I've seen.

ShaneO7K's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Farlander1991:
    A fan-trailer of the series that I've edited and presented at the VFS Machinima/Cut-scenes class.
    That was great, would easily pass for a legit trailer.

lukaszep's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by Farlander1991:
    A fan-trailer of the series that I've edited and presented at the VFS Machinima/Cut-scenes class.
    Oh...uh...ohmygod.
    That's amazing

So, redid that background and made a few tiny tweaks to the character. He's not quite jumping off a roof anymore, though.

Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Farlander1991:
    That was great, would easily pass for a legit trailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admittedly, you cheated, as Inception music automatically makes everything epic :P

But even so, the way it was edited together was fantastic. Definitely felt like a trailer for a movie. Well done!

it's a nice trailer, yes. Good pacing of clips, nice synchronization with the soundtrack. However, I believe the part about painting on the walls should be admitted. The trailer seemed to tell the entire story of AC; as if one had never played it before. Then all of a sudden introduces a line referencing something you see while playing the game, with no explanation as to what it means. It can throw any audience off unless they explicitly know about it, and breaks the voice used in the rest of the trailer. Otherwise, it's great

I loved it. You should of admitted it into the sixty second contest.

Originally posted by Moultonborough:
    You should of admitted it into the sixty second contest.
    There would have been one major issue with that

First things first, thanks to everybody for the thumbs up!

Originally posted by kudos17:
    Admittedly, you cheated, as Inception music automatically makes everything epic :P
    Well, not to sound arrogant, but most videos on YouTube which use 'makes everything epic' music like Mind Heist, Requiem for a Tower, etc. are edited really sloppily and, frankly, epic music doesn't save them.

Though yeah, it was kind of a cheat, but, tbh, Mind Heist was chosen not only because of its epicness, but also because of the thematic similarities between Inception and Assassin's Creed.

Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
    However, I believe the part about painting on the walls should be admitted. The trailer seemed to tell the entire story of AC; as if one had never played it before. Then all of a sudden introduces a line referencing something you see while playing the game, with no explanation as to what it means.
    I see your point, but I don't agree with it. To me (and not only to me, I've asked people who didn't play Assassin's Creed and watched the trailer) the words 'before I start painting symbols on the walls' are not to be taken literally, in the context of the trailer being just a fancy way of saying 'before I go crazy' (which is essentially what happens when you start painting symbols on the walls...). And, it works pretty well. I tried to use the AC:R trailer Ezio/Altair static interference blended in with the actual symbols on the walls as seen at the end of AC1 to create a surreal image that would reinforce that context. Although, I must note that some of the people who actually played Assassin's Creed shared your concerns

Oddly enough the first time I watched it I thought the same thing about the 'painting symbols' line but it was kind of a fleeting thing as I forgot about it until just now. I thought about it a second then just continued watching an awesome video.