We are missing one of the most important elements of air combat.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">RADIO is nothing but chatter in the sim.</span>

We need radio commands built into the FMB to direct flights, and pass instructions in the FMB.

We've got the full real cockpits, and a much more important element in air combat is ignored.

------------------

Aaron_GT's Avatar Senior Member
    "We need radio commands built into the FMB to direct flights, and pass instructions in the FMB."

If you download the latest version of Shoot or Voice Buddy you can program in control for most things, including directing flights. I;m still working on finishing off a Shoot profile for IL2/FB (it requires setting up for the exact key presses you use, Voice Buddy is key set up independent). When I've done it PM me and you could use it as a basis.

Planes without Radio should block chat , ventrilo , teamsay etc at once

Agamemnon22's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BBB_Hyperion:
    Planes without Radio should block chat , ventrilo , teamsay etc at once <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah but then we'll need animated hand signals. Or possibly a dedicated program like TeamWave or Handtrilo

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    Hand signals? We need mouse gesture support in BOB :>

Seriously, I'd love to see things like the early soviet and japanese tactics of using wing waggles, hand signals, etc, but I can only see it as being very hard to use given the visibility/field of view limitations on a computer monitor. Maybe if there was a way to switch padlocked targets around that are in range, but not necessarily in your field of view, or use some kind of picture-in-picture mode.

Hand signals Many can`t tell difference between 109 and Yak... or Spitfire... but hey! They will see signals Unless it will be some kind of huge hand outside of the plane... i don`t see how it`s going to work. Just saying

LEXX_Luthor's Avatar Senior Member
    I can visualize a good pilot Hand Signal for teh dogfighter servers.

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    ofcoure, onwhine pilot will respond with
    <?>u know where u can stick ur hand (signal)

also many airforces used wing waggle and hand signals to keep radio silence

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
    Hand signals Many can`t tell difference between 109 and Yak... or Spitfire... but hey! They will see signals Unless it will be some kind of huge hand outside of the plane... i don`t see how it`s going to work. Just saying <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'll go for the huge hand

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
    I can _visualize_ a good pilot Hand Signal for teh dogfighter servers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know about the hand, but I would use a certain finger at times.