Any chance the range of the Karl Gerat siege mortar could be increased from just over 2K to the rated 6.7km in the next patch?

http://www.one35th.com/morser/karl_spec.htm

It is pretty hard to make a realistic mission scenario when the range of the weapon makes it nearly point blank to the enemy.

Also, moving the static V2 rocket to the Artilley category and giving the vertical version a large explosion effect when destroyed would be really nice...

Just the musings of a frustrated mission builder.

Any chance the range of the Karl Gerat siege mortar could be increased from just over 2K to the rated 6.7km in the next patch?

http://www.one35th.com/morser/karl_spec.htm

It is pretty hard to make a realistic mission scenario when the range of the weapon makes it nearly point blank to the enemy.

Also, moving the static V2 rocket to the Artilley category and giving the vertical version a large explosion effect when destroyed would be really nice...

Just the musings of a frustrated mission builder.

Zeus-cat's Avatar Senior Member
    As far as the V-2 is concerned you could put several fuel trucks next to it and have them fueling the rocket.

Zeus-cat

I tried that, the explosion is so weak it will not take out a fuel truck parked next to it or even partially inside of it.

ploughman's Avatar Senior Member
    Which part of the PTO was the Karl mortar used in again?

Kocur_'s Avatar Senior Member
    There was a palm tree in "Adria" restaurant in Warsaw, that Karl hit. So there is a connection

You are a witty dude Ploughman, and your logic is impeccable. Silly me, what was I thinking, there can be no faults in this game!