Hey...

when it pull back hard the plane stalls ??
    i can only like go up and turn with about haft way back on the joystick ?---

and how do you get online with pacific only... ?

thx

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    yes

MLudner's Avatar Banned
    It can. Sometimes I think the FM exaggerates that result a bit, but it's only a game (A really good game) and it's not like your life's actually on the line. Like I said on teamspeak last weekend on 334th Ded:

"What the hell? It's only a game; suicide can be fun!"

I think there's a Pacific fighters only selection on Hyperlobby, you might try that.

Jetbuff's Avatar Senior Member
    Now, that's not nice danjama. The guy could be a fledgling simaholic.

ZeusZore, a plane stalls at low speeds and/or hard stick deflection. Going vertical and pulling on the stick is the worst thing you could do because these planes have a very low thrust to weight ratio so they quickly lose too much speed when climbing steeply which makes you reach stall speed faster. You want to either keep your speed high (above 300kph) most of the time and/or not pull too hard on the stick.

You probably need to get FB+AEP+PF merged to fly online reliably. (more servers/players)

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Download Hyperlobby from here (click in this), there is a room there for Pacific Fighters standalone but it doesn't have much action. You might also try AllSeeingEye.

Yes, stall is normal. Stall occurs when your wing's angle of attack exceeds a critical angle. "Stall speed" is the speed at which lift at critical angle is equal to the amount of lift necessary for level flight. At higher speeds you need less angle for lift to maintian level flight, at lower speeds you'll either lose altitude or stall.

Somebody who knows more about the topic than me needs to refer ZeusZore to a thread about joystick settings, too.

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    I apologise for my original reply. It was uninformative and perhaps misleading, in that it could have gave the original poster a sense of not belonging and not knowing. I now know not to do this again in future.

THX all yes im kinda noob at this game.. and im really likin it.. but some things are not easy understandeble...

i do know the laws of fysic.. my point with stalling was when turning (roll) 90 degree.. and pull 2 turn i can only go like half way on the joy.. and that i can almost use my steering wing ( as flaps.. loosing speed fast.. just wanna know if that was normal... cause just got this joystick.. a GM 2600 trust.. and my old logitec i could go all the way.. but it did not go full out.. so now i have 2 really becare full.. moving to much or i stall...

i also think the setup in the game for joy is not a easy way to do it and dont get it full what all the bars does...

and i dont get (still) how you end a mission ... when shot down all and you can keep flyin or landing .. still no mission over...

ill try that lobby program thx !! any advise on joystick setting and so are very welcome !!

THX again..
    THomas (Denmark)

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    You will stall if you dont have enough enrgy to come over the top of a loop, or try to climb to steep without enough speed/energy

Best explained with a ball on a piece of string hanging on a bar.

If you push the ball with enough force it will loop over the top (lots of energy). If you just push is a little it will rise a bit, then drop back, this is the equivelent of a plane stalling.

You must build energy first by climbing high or getting very fast before you attempt to pull straight up.

And rememeber these WW2 fighters are not Jet powered super planes. They havent got enough power to carry on going up at 45 degrees indefinitely, you have to climb at a shallow angle at first.

Its all about energy management, you will learn as you go on

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Ahh sorry I misunderstood your question. You mean in a turn it stall if you pull to hard.

This is plane and speed dependant. Some planes you can pull the stick all the way back and it will turn.

Other plane built for speed only, like the FW190 with a high wing loading (small stubby wings and a big body) will stall very easily if you pull to hard.

You will get used to what you can do in each plane after some practise.

First try a Spitfire, Zero or 109 to get a feel for the game before moving onto much more demanding planes like the FW190 or P51 mustang.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►