oooh nice, I want one now

TrackIR3pro with the Vector Expansion does the same. Nothing new. Just a new model. But it is a must have gear like joystick if u want to fly

ElAurens's Avatar Senior Member
    TIR is most decidedly not "must have" gear for virtual flying.

I'm not saying it isn't good, but to be accurate the only thing you "must have" is a good joystick.

I still may order one, I'm debating about it. But please don't say it is necessary, because plainly it is not.

For me it is an 'immersion' thing (i have TiR2).When i'm flying,i have a joystick,throttle (X45),CH rudder pedals,and i can trick myself that i am looking around with TiR.I love it.

You can fly just fine without it if you have external views on. Cockpit on and externals off, TIR makes a big difference.

Originally posted by ElAurens:
    TIR is most decidedly not "must have" gear for virtual flying.

I'm not saying it isn't good, but to be accurate the only thing you "must have" is a good joystick.

I still may order one, I'm debating about it. But please don't say it is necessary, because plainly it is not.
    I politely disagree. After you have one and get used to having one then you can say if it is essential or not. I think I would not fly without one. (and I only have the tir 2 model.)

For "Realism" it gets you closer to being in the Sim.

But it's not a necessity and you do get an advantage in full real rooms.

I'm just glad I didn't have to pay for my TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expantion

Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:

I politely disagree.
    You're so Canadian

But is it really "must have"? Lots of virtual pilots fly without it and do really well.

With the 6DOF, though, I can see where having that will open up an entirely new dimension to the game that's locked to those without it.

For those of you who are saying it's NOT a must have, you obviously haven't tried it out for any length of time.

I equate flying without TrackIR is like flying without a joystick. Sorry but TrackIR IS a MUST HAVE.

Read post by "AndyJoyhill"

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2BOB/ask_oleg.htm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►