Treetop64's Avatar Senior Member
    Now how cool is THAT?!

WOW! Man I hope it doesn't turn into another PH.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Yes I have known about that for some time now. Thanks though.

Lucas is a major History buff. Those big Outer Space battles in Star Wars were heavily influenced by watching WW2 guncam reels.

stathem's Avatar Senior Member
    Excellent News.

Slightly OT, but by my reckoning, there are two due out soon, the Tom Cruise BoB movie and the WW1 film.

Does anyone know when these are due? I'm not terribly well informed about the film world.

In a way this is not new, news. Lucas has been talking about this Tuskegee airman story for a long while. At one point he was supposed to moving forward on it, and then HBO went ahead and made one on them and he dropped immediate plans for his.

Color me concerned.

The concern part is this; don’t want to start a flame war with Lucas fans (and I was a big one) but the last 3 films stank. Sorry, they did, and with the resources he had at his disposal, they should have given LOTR a run for its money.

If Lucas is going to produce, and ILM will produce the SFX, and get someone else to direct, and write the script, then, spiffy! Should be good, and there should be MORE films of that era done with the SFX capabilities nowadays. How about a Battle of Britain, when the RAF pilots were flying almost non-stop to kick Goering’s ***?

Anyway, if however, Lucas will direct and write the script, then *shudder*. Forget it. He is not up to the task. The aerial combats may come out great, but as with the Star Wars films, great special effects without a good story is a pretty boring thing. And, hey, guess who was the one who said that? Three guesses…

Originally posted by DoubleTap2005A:
    In a way this is not new, news. Lucas has been talking about this Tuskegee airman story for a long while. At one point he was supposed to moving forward on it, and then HBO went ahead and made one on them and he dropped immediate plans for his.

Color me concerned.

The concern part is this; don’t want to start a flame war with Lucas fans (and I was a big one) but the last 3 films stank. Sorry, they did, and with the resources he had at his disposal, they should have given LOTR a run for its money.

If Lucas is going to produce, and ILM will produce the SFX, and get someone else to direct, and write the script, then, spiffy! Should be good, and there should be MORE films of that era done with the SFX capabilities nowadays. How about a Battle of Britain, when the RAF pilots were flying almost non-stop to kick Goering’s ***?

Anyway, if however, Lucas will direct and write the script, then *shudder*. Forget it. He is not up to the task. The aerial combats may come out great, but as with the Star Wars films, great special effects without a good story is a pretty boring thing. And, hey, guess who was the one who said that? Three guesses…
    Exactly what I would have said.

I agree 110%....the last three movies were horrible, but his special effects team is GREAT.

Watch him cast natalie portman again

*shuddddddddder*

*blarggh*

abandon all hope of a script/story with grit, realisim, emotion or merit....

the last three star wars films were excruciatingly poorly written

on the other hand it should look pretty good, but again i hope any action is touched with a realistic and gritty edge.

i mean Lucas needs to bear in mind that ww2 fighters arent tie fighters!

maybe he could take some cues from FB.....

the last three star wars films were excruciatingly poorly written

By sheer coincidence, Episode II is showing on TV as I write this. I can't adequately describe just how bad it really is.
    There is still time. Perhaps we could form a lobby group to prevent Lucas from making the Red Tail film and dishonouring the memory of these mens acheivements.