When I go to play the game,I insert the disc,and then get an error message saying Cannot locate DVD-ROM,please install correct DVD-ROM.i transferred some older mission,Dgen,and Paint scheme files over from the earlier version,could this have something to do with it?

Taylortony's Avatar Senior Member
    have you got 2 drives? it may be looking at the wrong one

The Sunderland got down to near zero altitude, thus limiting the ability of the Ju-88's to make fast passes. Instead they had to make passes without the advantage of speed, lest they be unable to pull out before they hit the water. Try some slow attacks from the rear in Il-2 and you shall see how successful you are.

Also they made the majority of their attacks singly, for fear of colliding into each other.

And lastly the Sunderland crew would seem to me to be more motivated, as they were fighting for their lives, but the Ju-88's, while their lives were certainly in danger, were not... as they could break off the attack and go home if need be. Which some did in the end.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

WOLFMondo's Avatar Senior Member
    Think of the Sunderland as the P47 of multi engined planes, it was huge and over engineered to take the rough landings at sea. Its a big plane with allot of offensive armament.

The sad story is this crew were killed only a week or so later when attacked by Ju88's again. I belive of the Bay of Biscay not far from where this story happened.

Its an awesome aircraft though, really an unsung hero.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Capt Eric Brown says: "I found in general the default joystick settings tended to be oversensitive. With my recommended settings it will give people a real feeling of how they actually flew."

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Plus a lot of luck must have come into it.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I despise what you say; I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    -Voltaire

..... What a sim scenario.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

BLUTARSKI

Airmail109's Avatar Senior Member
    As it was a big heavy patrol plane that was intended to look after itself, the shouldve given it .50s and 20mm cannons

Heres what I would have armed the sunderland with if i had my way

Twin 20mms In the Tail Turret

2 Dorsal Turrets with Twin .50s, an extra turret near to the co pilot, which he could operate

Twin 20mm cannon in the front turret for dealing with a U-boats flak

2 Fixed 40mm Bofors cannon sighted by the pilot for anti shipping and anti submarine use, and two fixed .50s with lots of tracer rounds belted tto act as sighting weapons.

and wasit mounted .50s

The sunderland was capable of carry far greter loads than it ever really did during World War two, and that hull would have been capable of mounting some serios weaponry

Hell it would have made a great gunship for strafing the normandy beaches along the similar lines of a C-130 gunship<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Megile : "Hey it's not technically spamming if its on different forums right?"