To the Dev Team:
    I find v1.21 to be really nice with the new planes and maps, and the changes made to sound and airplane models (especially the P-40, mmm...).

I DO however have one thing I'd like to report (I'm sure others have too). I can now hear the machineguns in the pill boxes from several kilometers away when flying.

If this could be fixed I'd be happy as a clam, 'cause right now my heart starts racing when I hear machineguns that sound like they're right outside my plane. Thanks in advance, and thanks for an excellent sim!

It was the job of the beta testers and the quality control of the developer to find out this obvious sound bugs ! what had they done instead?

Willey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by VVS-Manuc
    It was the job of the beta testers and the quality control of the developer to find out this obvious sound bugs ! what had they done instead?
    They did their job. With 1.2 RC there was an alternative "mg_snd_.dll" file which worked great. I for one had NO problems with that. It even solved the "big bang" (ship AAA, artillery loudness) bug. But somehow it seems to me they put the old one into the final patch which had all these bugs. But FB 1.21 refuses that nice dll which worked so well in RC01. It will come up with an error message when I try this file.

EDIT: Awwww this forum suxx, even basic UBB codes don't work... ^^ another try:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It was the job of the beta testers and the quality control of the developer to find out this obvious sound bugs ! what had they done instead?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    How about the Audigy sound bug with extensions enabled and relatively recent drivers (which are generally better)? That should be fixed too...too many live with that problem (ie. the bad cockpit mega-echo).

- IceFire