Finally got the thing unlocked and played a quick mission, and if this aircraft is reproduced correctly then I pity the russian pilots who flew these things.

The engines perform like diesels with the accelerator broken, and sounds like it. The plane handles like a halifax. Compared to the 110, this is a poorer cousin.

Does this represent better design by Messerschmitt or is the 110 just unrealistic?

danjama's Avatar Senior Member
    Why are you only comparing it to the Me110? Why not compare it to the Mosquite, Beaufighter and maybe even P38 as a Gattack plane. The 110 is a heavy fighter, while the Pe2 is a light bomber.

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    The Pe2 handles pretty well at high speed. It's a pig below 200km/h and anyone who has landed (or almost landed)one knows what I mean.

As said above, keep your speed high, and don't do too many crazy manouvres. That being said, the Pe-3 handles itself pretty well against a 110, so long as you are aware of the unforgiving low speed handling and stall manouvres. I've knocked down quite a few 110's in the Pe-3 in the last week.

Huh?

Only have some sorties on that plane but my overall impression was that it is a smoth flying good ground attack plane.

Gone fishing?

WWMaxGunz's Avatar Senior Member
    Compare Pe-3 and Pe-3bis to Bf-110.

I say it flies like a Go229. No vertical stabilizer. I look back and see one, but it sure doesn't fly like it has one!

slo_1_2_3's Avatar Senior Member
    This is what I did the day pe-2 came out I got mad so I shot some up becuase we have them without buying them and a realy short burst heres what happened to al of them

You are definitely one of a kind, Slo.