Vey03's Avatar Senior Member
    I don't know if this has been bought up, but have a listen to what is said about the release date right at the end of this video;

http://www.gametrailers.com/vi...sassins-creed/700204

Umm...yeah, righto. Does this mean we have to wait 6 months after everyone else has it, like we had to for AC2!?

Does anyone have any further info on this?

It's an obvious sensible move even of downright irritating for us pc users, they want to sell as many copies as possible before giving the pc pirates access to it.

Optimistically they want to make sure of a very good port giving us pc users the full quality experience, hey! I can but dream!

Oh no. Here we go again.

Let me praise them for at least one thing though. Better to get this out now than wait until the release date is close, a la AC2, and then tell us. I hope its only a short delay, like the two weeks between the Splinter Cell Conviction release dates on Xbox and PC. That would be tolerable (not desirable though). But to remark on it specifically in a video suggests that its going to be a long wait like AC2 (and AC1 for that matter).

At least a release this early cuts out any bull**** excuses like a bad bug or polishing, like we got fed for AC2. This is piracy prevention, pure and simple. Or, it shows that if there really isn't enough time to complete the game for all the platforms, the PC is the one to suffer. Either way, it shows the utter disregard that Ubi has for the PC at this point.

I'm not surprised, but I'm pretty damn disappointed. I'd better stop before I trip the autocensor anymore, because I'm really fuming at this point.

I'll only add one thing. If that guy was wrong about a later PC release date, I'll gladly eat humble pie and retract the above criticism. But I don't think its going to happen.

Originally posted by LCGuardian:Either way, it shows the utter disregard that Ubi has for the PC at this point.
    Thats the problem, they can afford to show disregard, the console is mass market, the pc unfortunately is not, most people prefer the convenience of the console, even if it means they lose quality to maintain performance.

I have to say there is one good thing about consoles,I love reading about the RRoDs and YLoDs

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    Who cares, at least we still get to play it... 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, dun't matter to me!

Originally posted by DJBare:
    Thats the problem, they can afford to show disregard, the console is mass market, the pc unfortunately is not, most people prefer the convenience of the console, even if it means they lose quality to maintain performance.

I have to say there is one good thing about consoles,I love reading about the RRoDs and YLoDs
    Indeed. I'm fully aware of the fact that the small volume of sales on PC versus the consoles gives game manufacturers a full commercial reason to marginalise the PC gamer and neglect the console. However, it comes down to a simple comparison to the competition - other developers and publishers still support the PC fully, and ultimately Ubisoft's performance can be judged by the fact that some of its competitors still support the PC more fully, release products simultaneously and don't implement draconian DRM.

This is like deja vu. I can remember saying exactly the same things six months ago. Not good.

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    Who cares, at least we still get to play it... 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, dun't matter to me!
    I'm not one to knock someone for optimism generally, but there's a point when it becomes blind optimism. You just reached that point. You say it as if we should be happy that we get it at all, like we should be happy with the crumbs swept off the table after everyone else gets the meal. For me, that's not good enough. Good on you if you're prepared to wait again, but for me two games is probably enough.

A wait of a couple of weeks, like Splinter Cell Conviction for example, after the release of the console ACB would be ok I guess (but not ideal). But another five month wait? I don't think I have any particular desire to do that again.

Edit: Just to be clear, since I've criticised this in the past - this isn't an entitlement mentality issue. Its more a personal preference issue - they have the right, given it is Ubisoft's IP, to do whatever they want, and I have the ability to vote with my wallet.

If they are working on a Anti-Cheat, Ok if they are trying to tweak they're DRM, i wouldnt want this.

If they have the same delay date as PoP:TFS or SC:C I'm fine with it, but i hope it will not be like AC2.

I'll pass then. I'm not planning to give Ubisoft 60 dollars and support its anti-PC policy. No, I'm not definitely going to play pirated version either. I expected them to fix silly combat mechanics, but still even when surrounded buy lots of enemies, they come one by one.

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by LCGuardian:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    I'm not one to knock someone for optimism generally, but there's a point when it becomes blind optimism. You just reached that point. You say it as if we should be happy that we get it at all, like we should be happy with the crumbs swept off the table after everyone else gets the meal. For me, that's not good enough. Good on you if you're prepared to wait again, but for me two games is probably enough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell are you on about, I wasn't speaking on your behalf...

This is how I feel about it not how I think you should feel, if you're not happy about it that's fine but personally I don't care when I get to play the game I'm just happy I get to play it.

I'm not the 'I want it and I want it when everyone else gets it' type.

I got over that by the time I was 10.

You took one word from what I said which was 'WE' and prosumed I meant everyone... you overlooked the fact I said...

...dun't matter to me!
    at the end, not...

It shouldn't matter to you!
    Here's an edit just so it doesn't confuse you:

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    <span class="ev_code_RED">I don't care</span>, at least <span class="ev_code_RED">I</span> still get to play it... 1 month, 3 months or 6 months, dun't matter to me!
    Better?