I just wanted to thank Ubisoft for taking the time to make the DLC because i enjoy playing AC2 and the story line of it.
    For anyone who thinks there getting ripped off why don't you put it in the perspective of they are giving you something to keep you busy while you wait for AC3. Thats how i look at it. yah maybe it shoulda been with the game but i like the suspense on waiting to find out what the next DLC has to offer. Shoot if they came out with 8 more DLC for the next 8 months i would buy them just because i enjoy the game. So what i am trying to say is instead of saying they are ripping us off just enjoy the DLCs and have fun.

Originally posted by Leagance:
    I just wanted to thank Ubisoft for taking the time to make the DLC because i enjoy playing AC2 and the story line of it.
    For anyone who thinks there getting ripped off why don't you put it in the perspective of they are giving you something to keep you busy while you wait for AC3. Thats how i look at it. yah maybe it shoulda been with the game but i like the suspense on waiting to find out what the next DLC has to offer. Shoot if they came out with 8 more DLC for the next 8 months i would buy them just because i enjoy the game. So what i am trying to say is instead of saying they are ripping us off just enjoy the DLCs and have fun.
    Amen to that.

TreFacTor's Avatar Senior Member
    TECHNICALLY, they didn't "make" download content, they just omitted 2 unnecessary, or "filler" chapters, and dropped them on us as a "pacifier". They could have done better! No $4 isn't asking alot for DLC, but $70 is too much to pay for a complete game. Which is what the DLC does, it completes the game and to add to that, download content is created separate from the game, and UBI didn't do this, they basically feed us scraps off the cutting room floor.

Adding to what TreFacTor said, it is a bit much to ask for, especially in this economy. Not only that but not everyone has the money to go out and buy cables and modems/routers for their systems plus network subscription fees just so they can get what's left of the "incomplete" game they bought for full price. And that's not including the maps and missions that are only available through a "one use only" password found in the Limited Black and White editions of the game.

All in all DLC is great for ADD-ONS ONLY. Because now it just seems that Ubisoft is scamming people for money. And for what, an extra hour or two of gameplay that should have been included in the game in the first place?

They like to claim that it is more of an "experience" with the DLC and Uplay, well the only thing I'm "experiencing" is a case of the disappointment flu especially since Assassin's Creed II was such an amazing game.

If the release of the DLCs had never been planned, i do not think i would have been much aggrieved by the missing sequences. i don't remember screaming ''omg ripoff!'' when Rebecca said ''aww noor corrupt sequenceees'' (not a quote but go with it). this is because i view AC2 as a perfectly substantial game in total absense of the sequences (therefore i am inclined to agree with the OP).

As for pricing, if the sequences are so widely regarded as ''unnecessary'', then why do so many people seem to believe that it is their obligation to buy them (and that they are therefore being scammed for money)? it doesn't really make sense tbh.

Not only that but not everyone has the money to go out and buy cables and modems/routers for their systems plus network subscription fees
    a cheap router you can get for under £20, you can get a network lead for about £1 and you dot need to pay for Xbox live and since your posting here I'm going to assume you already have a internet connection, so lets say you can set up for about £20, now the average game costs £40 (standard editions) so I don't see how you cant afford half the price of a game to get your console online if you can afford to keep buying new games.

Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
    a cheap router you can get for under £20, you can get a network lead for about £1 and you dot need to pay for Xbox live and since your posting here I'm going to assume you already have a internet connection, so lets say you can set up for about £20, now the average game costs £40 (standard editions) so I don't see how you cant afford half the price of a game to get your console online if you can afford to keep buying new games.
    Yeah, I was working off some frustration while posting that reply after I learned all that is DLC. I don't have a very good paying job and I can only afford games every so often (maybe every 4 to 6 months) unless I get generous tips from my customers. Thanks for the pricing notes, even though I don't live in the UK. But I can always convert totals.

It is sort of a rip off if you think about it because you can only play it once. But 400 points would be a good deal if you could play it multiple times. People pay 300 points for an Avatar outfit!

you say how we are being ripped off by ubisoft and oh it's so bad, but it's no different to any other DLC, Army of Two for example, was on PSN and noticed that it now has extra levels, which means i no longer have a "complete" game(i co-op with a friend on his PS3 and he doesn't have a compatible internet connection) same goes for GTA4 and Fallout, yet no-one seems to think they are unfair

At least when I bought DLC from Monolith (Fear 2) I got to replay it, LOL!

((Edit: Oh yeah, and then there's Valve who gives me huge updates and new missions for L4D for free. BUT YOU KNOW, 4 dollars for half an hour of content that I can't even choose to go back and replay. That's perfectly fair!)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►