Their are eight of the golden AK-47's and here are the eight maps each showing one Golden AK-47. Look for the white circle with the gun symbol. Not the pistol as that is the gun shop but the rifle icon in a white circle.
    These maps are not in order but are both north and south maps. ( Map location on top of each map )

Also these Gloden AK-47's can disinagrate and blow in your hands. First and second games I played I went approx. eight game days before they blew but they will blowup. Also you still need the upgrade for accuracy as if not the gun will ride up very fast.

Do any of you people print out these maps? Sure makes the game go easier.

Wurm65's Avatar Member
    5. -GameProfile_UnlimitedReliability 1

(Unlimited reliability, never have your gun jam)
    OMG thank you, as a former soldier that crap serious annoys me every time I play.

I logged into the forums for that reason alone today after deciding to replay FC2 again this weekend.

30 shots from a sniper rifle before it starts to jam? Pleeease...

elbmek's Avatar Senior Member
    I use that one but never use merc weapons

Me too elbmek,the worst thing you can do in this game is pick up a mercs weapon. Need those diamonds then buy your guns.

In the tutorial the weapons you get from your first boss will last you for quite awhile untill you can aford to buy your own. Their not like the rest of the games mercs guns.

Once I used the golden AK-47 in the game begining ( and liked it ) untill I had enough diamonds to buy the first available single shot sniper ( can't think of the name ? ) rifle, then I had to give back the golden AK-47.

I am running Far Cry FE - so get free silenced shotgun and explosive tipped crossbow in Weapons shop. I still have to 'buy' one so buy 4D pistol and never use it.

Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elbmek:
    3. -GameProfile_SkipIntroMovies 1

I tried this one but did not work, is this only for pre saved game as I want to disable the mega intro star wars length intro movie.
    Yes, actually this Command only works for the game INTRO movies and the Logos, i.e. to Skip the Logo movies on the Game's start-up, IMO. Even I tried it just now, but I was unable to Skip the MEGA documentary Movie when you start a NEW Story mode......

Anyway, Two more Shortcut commands which you can use, if you wish. Just for fun !:

a>. -GameProfile_IgnorePlayer 1

If set to 1, the Enemy AI ignores the player, effectively making the player Invisible. The Enemy won't react to the Player at all (Ghost Mode) !

b>. -GameProfile_TimeScale

This Cvar actually sets the speed of Game's Time, which controls the Dynamic weather and the day/night cycle. The Default value I think is 6. So first try to experiment by entering different values, if you want to alter the DAY/NIGHT cycle, according to your liking ?

BTW, has anyone of you ever got a GOLDEN AK-47 Rifle ? I was once able to grab this rifle, but I don't seem to remember the exact Location on the MAP. This weapon does not Degrade and never Jams, but it is extremely rare to find, because it is well hidden.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>After I finished the game the first time I went looking for all of the diamond cases and I found four or five of the golden AKs. I did not note the locations because I did not like the AKs, but they are hidden in quite a few odd places. I remember one just south of the little lake in the southwest part of the first map in a cave hidden behind a boarded up entry in the largest mountain on the north side facing the lake. There is a tape on a crashed airplane between the lake and the mountain too. If you go due south towards the mountain from the lake you will run into the area with the large hill. Kind of head towards the weapon store in the south west corner from the lake. This large mountain range runs east and west and is easy to see from your map. You have to bust the boards to get into the cave and there it is! I hope this helps. I wish I could remember more of them, but I am having a brain cramp. I will say some of them are in some really remote areas that people seldom travel. I was just running about when I found most of them. Cheers!

The daytime code interests me, what file is that located in?

after asll the time of playing many many missions, there are still two diamonds I cannot get to, and run out of patience, leaving them alone, one on a cliff about a river south of town (cannt remember if act 1 or 2) and another wherever????? Not that its important anyway. What I would like is a code to fly!!! Sitting on a high hill taking pot shots with a sniper rifle on a town beneath sort of appeals to me!!

I often stand in the church tower in Seleo taking pot shots with the dart rifle, for some reason the idiot mercs cannot figure out where I am!! Then, later, jump down and through the hole and drive away!!

If you could be more specific, I could tell you how to get to them. From you vague description I'm sure you'll need to use a hang glider.

next time I am there will note location, just started new game.

Originally posted by DentLea:

After I finished the game the first time I went looking for all of the diamond cases and I found four or five of the golden AKs. I did not note the locations because I did not like the AKs, but they are hidden in quite a few odd places. I remember one just south of the little lake in the southwest part of the first map in a cave hidden behind a boarded up entry in the largest mountain on the north side facing the lake. There is a tape on a crashed airplane between the lake and the mountain too. If you go due south towards the mountain from the lake you will run into the area with the large hill. Kind of head towards the weapon store in the south west corner from the lake. This large mountain range runs east and west and is easy to see from your map. You have to bust the boards to get into the cave and there it is! I hope this helps. I wish I could remember more of them, but I am having a brain cramp. I will say some of them are in some really remote areas that people seldom travel. I was just running about when I found most of them. Cheers![/QUOTE]

You did not look at the Gloden AK map locations begining from top post of this page did you?
    Look again.