Please keep the questions / discussion / speculation to only about the multiplayer side of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

And maybe someone in the community know something you don't know, so please ask all such of questions and if no answer at this time, we can always check back later and answer when some of us know the answer.

Do we know yet if we will get some kind of "statistics" or "level / xp", both? in the Bro game?

Would be good to achieve something as you play, not only mindless good fun

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    There's multiple threads for this already, there's also a button that says Find on the toolbar at the top left of the forum.

Just incase you missed it

Originally posted by Robson19822009:
    There's multiple threads for this already, there's also a button that says Find on the toolbar at the top left of the forum.

Just incase you missed it
    All I see are topics that are dedicated to asking specific questions about Assassin's Creed 3 singeplayer or the multiplayer. Alot of them.

I can't really find a topic that is dedicated to ONLY the multiplayer side with questions about it.

Just alot of "E3 Multiplayer" and "Will this multiplayer have" topics.

there better not be some level/xp system. i hate those. multiplayer games should reward pple with skills, not unemployed pple and pple with too much time. it would totally suck if certain skills are only available after X number of levels. more time playing is only half of what makes skill, the other half is creativity, experimenting, innovation, thinking outside the box to discover new skills and techniques.

take this example, a chess game, all the units are equal to your opponents counterparts, the winner is the one that thought ahead and set up a trap. main point is that the units are equal. or take a FPS game. all the guns are same guns available to the opponent, the winner is the one that aims faster and better, and no amount of level should affect how well you aim or how well your mouse responds to you.

levels are just counterproductive to skills.
    and then there is pokemon, one player never bothered to get familiar with how the types work against other types, but is using all high level pokemon, because he has the TIME to raise it all day/ or he traded for it. vs a guy familiar with the type system, set up a nice team with attacks that compliment and work well assisting each other. but all his pokemon are at least 25 lvls below the noobs weakest pokemon.

in the end multiplayer games should be about skill, like good aiming, dodging (some games have bullets that travel at a speed that can be seen and dodged), planning ahead (usually involves the specific map/area/time based games), innovative new techniques learned from experimenting and observing (knowing certain glitches or tricks in gameplay, NOT CHEATS OR HACKS, the developer overlooked), and reaction time (how fast you respond to wat u see on screen). not who has the most TIME which is what levels and xp usually end up rewarding. which is why i never play MMORPGs, skills like aiming and planning and reaction time have nothing to do in MMORPGs. and luck should only have minimal impact in the game.

i dont want fortune to favor my blade, but my own skill.

I hope there is no multi player trophies on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood because I'm just gonna get my money back.

Originally posted by wanderer77:
    there better not be some level/xp system. i hate those. multiplayer games should reward pple with skills, not unemployed pple and pple with too much time. it would totally suck if certain skills are only available after X number of levels. more time playing is only half of what makes skill, the other half is creativity, experimenting, innovation, thinking outside the box to discover new skills and techniques.

take this example, a chess game, all the units are equal to your opponents counterparts, the winner is the one that thought ahead and set up a trap. main point is that the units are equal. or take a FPS game. all the guns are same guns available to the opponent, the winner is the one that aims faster and better, and no amount of level should affect how well you aim or how well your mouse responds to you.

levels are just counterproductive to skills.
    and then there is pokemon, one player never bothered to get familiar with how the types work against other types, but is using all high level pokemon, because he has the TIME to raise it all day/ or he traded for it. vs a guy familiar with the type system, set up a nice team with attacks that compliment and work well assisting each other. but all his pokemon are at least 25 lvls below the noobs weakest pokemon.

in the end multiplayer games should be about skill, like good aiming, dodging (some games have bullets that travel at a speed that can be seen and dodged), planning ahead (usually involves the specific map/area/time based games), innovative new techniques learned from experimenting and observing (knowing certain glitches or tricks in gameplay, NOT CHEATS OR HACKS, the developer overlooked), and reaction time (how fast you respond to wat u see on screen). not who has the most TIME which is what levels and xp usually end up rewarding. which is why i never play MMORPGs, skills like aiming and planning and reaction time have nothing to do in MMORPGs. and luck should only have minimal impact in the game.

i dont want fortune to favor my blade, but my own skill.
    I agree with what you say.

When you experience the gameplay in Assassin's Creed 2 against guards you feel the sense of "chess game".

For instance, the guards strikes you 3 times but if your respond quick enough you can dodge/block the last strike or even the first one of course.
    But if you just block the first strike, a player in for that instance could just insted grab you and throw you around.
    Because you can't just block, you have to "time your block" and all these mechanics behind this game.

Makes this the ULTIMATE multiplayer, really.
    It's like chess, one fight is. You can't be sure you win but doing all the right moves the quickest can make you closer to winning, right?

Or even doing a movie that is hidden can strike a hard blow on your enemy, shocking them.

<3

Murcuseo's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by LigerioAssassin:

I agree with what you say.

When you experience the gameplay in Assassin's Creed 2 against guards you feel the sense of "chess game".

For instance, the guards strikes you 3 times but if your respond quick enough you can dodge/block the last strike or even the first one of course.
    But if you just block the first strike, a player in for that instance could just insted grab you and throw you around.
    Because you can't just block, you have to "time your block" and all these mechanics behind this game.

Makes this the ULTIMATE multiplayer, really.
    It's like chess, one fight is. You can't be sure you win but doing all the right moves the quickest can make you closer to winning, right?

Or even doing a movie that is hidden can strike a hard blow on your enemy, shocking them.

<3
    I'm not sure if there will be any full on hand-to-hand combat game modes in the MP. There isn't any hand-to-hand in wanted, that's about chase and escape.

The devs have only mentioned that there will be 2 other game modes so we'll need to wait and see if there is a CQC style mode.

With the changes that have been made in the combat system I can't imagine there will be, you can kill on first strike now which would suck for MP.

Anyone with an iPod, iPhone or ipad should get the AC multiplayer game on the app store. Little bit of mini training for the real thing.

I'm new here and do anyone know how many game modes AC: Brotherhood will have in the multiplayer?

I think it will have 3 modes, one mode they showed in recently released multiplayer walkthrough i.e chase and kill , and also said that there will be 2 more modes, till now no info on them.