Oleg thankyou! I'll be looking forward to this one. I won't ask when, but as well as the slew of late war American aircraft perhaps we can dig a little deeper for some other classics

Top of my wish list = Mitsubishi A5M4 'Claude' (Pic)

Oleg thankyou! I'll be looking forward to this one. I won't ask when, but as well as the slew of late war American aircraft perhaps we can dig a little deeper for some other classics

Top of my wish list = Mitsubishi A5M4 'Claude' (Pic)

Since it has been repeatedly stated that it is impossible to include carriers in the IL2 game engine perhaps the emphasis should be on IJAAF aircraft. Following that train of thought it would be nice if we could have the following aircraft:

Ki-21 Sally
    Ki-27 Nate
    Ki-30 Ann
    Ki-43 I and II Oscar
    Ki-44 Tojo
    Ki-45 Nick
    Ki-46 II Dinah
    Ki-48 Lily
    Ki-49 Helen
    Ki-51 Sonia
    Ki-61 Tony
    Ki-67 Peggy

Also interesting:

Ki-36/55 Ida
    Ki57 Topsy
    Ki-100
    Ki-102 Randy

I am not one of those people that is of the opinion that every aircraft in the sim should be player flyable. Bombers, recon and transport for the most part should remain AI.

If references on cocpits and interiors are required the Maru Mechanic series of books contain a remarkable amount of information on Japanese aircraft.

and for our Kamikaze fans

Ki 115 "Tsurugi"

Another intersting one would be the Dutch/China operated Curtiss Wright CW-21

Ankanor's Avatar Senior Member
    I would rather have the Val, Kate, Wildcat, Dauntless and the Avenger. the torpedo run is even more exciting than dive bombing. Just imagine the AAA bursts and tracers all around you, you jink like trying to spoil their aim...Priceless!

Some things are worth fighting for.
    And most of them wear miniskirts...

MiloMorai's Avatar Banned
    Ankanor, not if the AA stays as it is now in FB. It won't be the splash of the torp on the water but you and your squadies a/c making those splashes.

Now the Chinese had a vast array of varied a/c they used, but this is mostly before 7.12.41.

Long live the Horse Clans.

Suddenly I realize why Oleg didnt want news about the Pacific sim to get out...

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    Apparently we've been told that carrier landings is possible in the FB engine but there would be coding changes required to achieve that goal.

The New IL2 Database is Coming Soon!

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    I would like to see some Japanese objects...trucks, ships etc.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS