Abstergo had the Animus 1.0 to my knowledge. Rebecca built the Animus 2.0.

*SPOILERS*

The end of Brotherhood had these two guys (I am sure they're guys) strapping Desmond into 'the machine', which is an Animus of course.

So perhaps this is the Animus 3.0? Or do you think they're using Rebecca's 2.0? Or possibly Abstergo's Animus 1.0?

If so, this will mean a whole new interface for single player. What do you think?

doubtful, it probably just the animus 2.0 again.

SWJS's Avatar Senior Member
    No doubt Desmond's parked his unconcious bum in Rebecca's Baby.

Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
    No doubt Desmond's parked his unconcious bum in Rebecca's Baby.
    ...what?

SWJS's Avatar Senior Member
    ...what?
    *sigh*

"No doubt Desmond's back in the Animus 2.0"

the two guys are assassin higher-ups, and they're using the 2.0 on Desmond.

Oh. I didn't quite get the first part.

It's funny that you mention that Abstergo had the Animus 1.0.

*Spoilers all over*

If you read the Assassins Creed Fall comics, subject 4 is shown in an Animus in 1985 and 2000 that looks different from the one in Assassins Creed. I wonder what this Animus was designated... .5? Since the one in 2012 is 1.0... I mean... oh well.

It could be possible that maybe in the next game there might be a newer Animus... but you have to figure that the two men (William and someone else) would have had access to Rebecca's animus (named Baby by the way since you didn't understand the joke ) since they packed it up in the van when the left for the vault in Rome.

The graphics and the interface didn't change after the ending obviously... but it's also not the next Assassins Creed game. From a development point of view, it just wasn't done because the game was over.

*Still spoiler*

After the DLC, Desmond slips into a coma... which in a way was foreshadowed by Vidic in the first game. He might not even need an Animus. Though I must admit I would personally detest to the idea of Desmond just dreaming his memories.

Sorry, I do not read comics. I find them boring and meaningless (comics in general).

All I know is from the games, and through my own research of the game.

The Animus in AC1 was 1.28, so maybe version jumps are just extremely uncommon. Rebecca calls her Animus "Animus 2.0", but as far as I'm concerned, that's an unofficial version number. She simply calls hers that because it has benefits over the old one, and a different interface.

Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...what?
    *sigh*

"No doubt Desmond's back in the Animus 2.0"

the two guys are assassin higher-ups, and they're using the 2.0 on Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make a fair point. But because these 2 guys are high ranking Assassin's then wouldn't they have lots of money to build a better Animus that can reduce the side effects of the Animus of Animus 2.0?

Just asking...