If I could run the first one with an averadge of 15-30fps, can I run FB? I have 100MHz lower than req. for Proccesing speed, but I have more than double the RAM and Video Card Req.

If I could run the first one with an averadge of 15-30fps, can I run FB? I have 100MHz lower than req. for Proccesing speed, but I have more than double the RAM and Video Card Req.

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    better question in the tech forum, but I have...

Motherboard: MSI K8T NEO-FIS2R K8T800
    Proccessor: Athlon 64 3200+ w/400FSB
    CPU Cooling: Thermaltake AMD K8 Venus 7+
    RAM: GeIL Golden Dragon 1GB
    PC3200 400MHz Dual
    Channel DDR
    Video Card: OC Systems 9700Pro Level III w/ 128Mb (415/730MHz)
    CD Drives: Sony 16X DVD 40X CD-ROM
    Sony DVD+RW/-RW 4x (8x32x24x10x4)
    Hardrives: Western Digital 80Gb 7200rpm w/ 8Mb cache
    Western Digital 120Gb 7200rpm w/ 8Mb cache
    Case: Lian-Li PC-60 Aluminum Mid-Tower Case
    Power Supply: Thermaltake W0011 Dual Fan 480W
    Moniter: 19" Samsung flat CRT
    HOTAS: (for FB) TM Top Gun Afterburner
    TM Cougar (stock, but soon to upgrade)

and I run with everything to the max, average (depending on planes, cities, and such) 30 to 60 fps, up to almost 100 fps looking at clear sky. FB, from what I've heard, is very CPU intensive. I would almost certainly get better fps if I was using separete sound card instead of the integrated one on my mobo.

Good hunting,
    Cajun76

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -Aristotle

Meanwhile, in the 20th century:

BOOM! Yeah, Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my JUG!! It's has 8 .50cals and 2000lbs+ worth of bombs and rockets. Republic's top of the line. You can find this in the Kick A$$ department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Farmingdale, Long Island and Evansville, Indiana. Retails for about $82,997.95. It's got a turbo-supercharger, all metal control surfaces with blunt nosed ailerons, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop right, shop Republic. YOU GOT THAT!? Now I swear, the next one of you primates, E-ven TOUCHES me..... - Anonymous

That sucks My CPU is only 700MHz

everything else is good

Oh well

Cajun76's Avatar Senior Member
    Wow, I haven't looked at the specs for FB in a while...

System: PIII 800 or equivalent
    RAM:256 MB RAM
    Video Memory: 32 MB VRAM
    Hard Drive Space: 1100 MB
    Sound Board: Yes
    DirectX: DirectX v8.1

Based on my experience and other peoples posts, you need 1 GB of good memory, a 64MB card and such.
    Remember, minumum specs are just that, the very minumum to play the game at the very lowest settings. Even if you get a slightly faster CPU, your game won't look anything like the screens you see posted around here.
    Time to upgrade, man. And you don't need to spend an arm and a leg, just shop smart and you can put together a decent mid-level rig for $500 to $1000, provided you can use some of your old hardware. Good luck, and

Good hunting,
    Cajun76

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -Aristotle

Meanwhile, in the 20th century:

BOOM! Yeah, Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this? This is my JUG!! It's has 8 .50cals and 2000lbs+ worth of bombs and rockets. Republic's top of the line. You can find this in the Kick A$$ department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Farmingdale, Long Island and Evansville, Indiana. Retails for about $82,997.95. It's got a turbo-supercharger, all metal control surfaces with blunt nosed ailerons, and a hair trigger. That's right, shop right, shop Republic. YOU GOT THAT!? Now I swear, the next one of you primates, E-ven TOUCHES me..... - Anonymous

Dsty2004,

Don't be too worried about your CPU, I have a AMD Athalon 1.0 Ghz. and had problems with Pauses and stutters because I had 256 Mb. of Ram, upgraded by 512 Mb. No more problems on excellent settings.

If you have a good video card with 64 Mb. and at least 512 MB of Ram, preferably 768 MB. You'll probably be ok. FB seems to peak on RAM usage at about 650 Mb. I don't think your Processor speed is anywhere near as important as RAM. I'm quite sure of that now that I've tried the various combinations.

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Before I got my current rig...
    XP2500(running at 2.1G)
    ASUS A7N8X D 2.0
    Xtasy 9500Pro
    1GDDR400RAM

I had an XP1600(running at 1.4G)
    Radeon9000Pro128
    1GDDR233 RAM
    Audigy 2

I now get rates and specs very close to what the Cajun gets (maybe @ 5fps less over big maps with loads of planes). Before that I was getting 14-20 in the pit 25-35 out of the pit.
    To answer your question you should be able to run FB OK. If you want to upgrade you can check out some prices here...http://www.pricewatch.com/
    The only reason I upgraded was because my wife wanted a new computer so I used the opportunity to upgrade my rig a bit. You can upgrade to something better than your current rig without spending a lot of money.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]