I'm sure I'm not the first to ask but how does one create a server on hyperlobby. Are they hosted on someones home computer or are they on a server somewhere and controlled remotely. Any idea what it costs to have one?

I'm sure I'm not the first to ask but how does one create a server on hyperlobby. Are they hosted on someones home computer or are they on a server somewhere and controlled remotely. Any idea what it costs to have one?

Both. The faster servers are usually dedicated machines, but you can also host a game on your own machine while you play.

To host a game, simply click on the first slot in one of the game lists. When enough people have joined your list, click the blue button on the right to start the game. Then the game will load and you can set your difficulty, and pick mission file.

Ok thanks Fritz.

RxMan's Avatar Senior Member
    HL is just a meeting place and an easy to use database of games being played which started thru HL. It doesn't host any games, once a game is launched, the host (anyone who started the matchup) and the other flyers (clients) basically are automatically disengaged from HL and hosts the game him/her self. And when they leave the game they reconnect to HL.

ytareh's Avatar Senior Member
    Id love to hear how you get on.I tried without success last week....

I think it would be good to have a list of what servers are, home based or Data Center.. something with (DT) in front the name for the data center ones for example.