blazefp's Avatar Senior Member
    This is a new finding that earned the nobel prize of physics to two guys in 2010.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>It's
    <LI>200 times harder than steel (that's harder than carbon fiber)
    <LI>lighter than carbon fiber
    <LI>it can have atomic thickness
    <LI>it's a superconductor at normal pressures and temperatures (it can go up to 500GHz unlike silica that can't even reach 5GHz)
    <LI>it's extremely resistant to shock and prolonged strength (I know there's a word for "prolonged strength" but I can't remember sry.)
    <LI>it can be turned in to very efficient solar cells
    <LI>it's very resistant to heat
    <LI>it's even resistant to some bacteria like E-coli[/list]

and the list goes on and on and on...

My question is, did we finally found "the" material? Not just some material, but an ultimate form of a material like that of what the apple is made of.

Krayus Korianis's Avatar Senior Member
    Increased resistance to pressure is what you're going for.

Probably did.

Graphene? I doubt it. Graphene is a single sheet of graphite-type carbon, so there's no way it's that strong.

Try carbon nanotubes instead. Highly conductive, and can be made into stronger structures. It can also be used as a solar cell in combination with titanium dioxide nanostructures...or perhaps when doped with gold... (I've forgotten that part)

(also, how do you measure pressure/temperature in Hz? :s)

GunnarGunderson's Avatar Senior Member
    but what colour is it? Further more, Leonardo said the apple is fabricated from materials that shouldn't exist, which is open to interpretation I suppose

the PoE doesn't exist...whats wrong with you people?

Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
    Graphene? I doubt it. Graphene is a single sheet of graphite-type carbon, so there's no way it's that strong.

Try carbon nanotubes instead. Highly conductive, and can be made into stronger structures. It can also be used as a solar cell in combination with titanium dioxide nanostructures...or perhaps when doped with gold... (I've forgotten that part)

(also, how do you measure pressure/temperature in Hz? :s)
    Well wikipedia isn't the best source but I've seen this already in a scientific magazine so I suppose it is true.

About that thing of Hz, most superconductor are only superconductors at low temperatures. Don't ask me why, I just read/heard (I can't remember) this

Originally posted by chizzy12:
    --' every object in AC universe is at least based on a real object

misterB2001's Avatar Member
    Originally posted by chizzy12:
    that's what the Templars would have you believe!

LightRey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by blazefp:
    This is a new finding that earned the nobel prize of physics to two guys in 2010.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>It's
    <LI>it's a superconductor at normal pressures and temperatures (it can go up to 500GHz unlike silica that can't even reach 5GHz)
    <LI>it's extremely resistant to shock and prolonged strength (I know there's a word for "prolonged strength" but I can't remember sry.)

My question is, did we finally found "the" material? Not just some material, but an ultimate form of a material like that of what the apple is made of.
    It also only has the properties you describe on a molecular level. It's literally as thin as the diameter of a carbon atom. So, sorry to burst your bubble, but this can't be the material.

Originally posted by LightRey:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>It's

It also only has the properties you describe on a molecular level. It's literally as thin as the diameter of a carbon atom. So, sorry to burst your bubble, but this can't be the material. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh
    At least I tried right? xD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►