1. #1
    bolillo_loco's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    616
    Im sick of seeing 109s and 190s being able to over boost their engines via prop pitch which only german a/c can do. get rid of this bogus feature.

    american and english a/c also had manual prop pitch yet none of them increase performance by using it.

    its total b/s to think that a human could control prop pitch better than a mechanical unit which adjusts pitch as soon as there is any power or speed change, oh but yea "luftwaffe experten" could do this.........give it a rest. either neuter the 190s and 109s to allied a/c standards of prop pitch or give it to all a/c across the board.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Yes, please eliminate any exploits and raise Fw190A performance levels on "auto" settings to historical levels.

    Thanks!
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally posted by bolillo_loco:
    Im sick of seeing 109s and 190s being able to over boost their engines via prop pitch which only german a/c can do. get rid of this bogus feature.

    american and english a/c also had manual prop pitch yet none of them increase performance by using it.

    its total b/s to think that a human could control prop pitch better than a mechanical unit which adjusts pitch as soon as there is any power or speed change, oh but yea "luftwaffe experten" could do this.........give it a rest. either neuter the 190s and 109s to allied a/c standards of prop pitch or give it to all a/c across the board.

    You may want to try the P-38 Late. This way, you can actualy catch them.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    most propably in BoB the Emils will habe no auto modus anymore

    but the real LW pilots used the manual pitch very well , they decreased the pitch to keep the supercharger at higher revs.

    and yes, to get the max power in a Fw190 only in manual mode is weird
    Share this post

  5. #5
    MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    5,827
    Originally posted by faustnik:
    Yes, please eliminate any exploits and raise Fw190A performance levels on "auto" settings to historical levels.

    Thanks!
    Share this post

  6. #6
    I'll echo the others, get rid of the manual pitch thing and make the autopitch work right.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Chuck_Older's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,027
    Cheat- a code or 3rd party program that alters play experience unfairly

    Exploit- using a bug, unexpected feature, or overlooked aspect for benefit in the game


    BIG difference
    Share this post

  8. #8
    p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    11,199
    make teh 190 perform right on auto, make manual CSP
    spitfire IX and VIII have that system ingame, so its doable.

    remove manaul mode from 109, or change power curve to a flatline above max auto rpm, (ie get no increase in performance)
    Share this post

  9. #9
    AerialTarget's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    830
    Originally posted by faustnik:
    Yes, please eliminate any exploits and raise Fw190A performance levels on "auto" settings to historical levels.
    This is a shocker, so everyone might want to sit down, but I'm with Faustnik. It looks like the propeller pitch is indeed an unrealistic exploit, but that the Focke-Wulf should reach the speed without the exploit that it now can with it. I'm taking Faustnik's word for it, since he is as knowledgeable about the Focke-Wulf as Bolillo is about the P-38, and has also proved his objectivity about it by arguing against it having a better turn (as well as arguing for it's deadliest opponent, the P-38 L "Late").

    But what all of the blues consistently fail to address is the fact that even if the propeller pitch exploit were realistic, the Allied airplanes which could switch to manual in real life should have it in the game as well as the German planes. And yet they do not! This means that German aircraft have an advantage over American ships that they did not have in real life!

    Manual propeller pitch is manual propeller pitch! While the two automatic systems were quite different from each other, manual propeller pitch is manual propeller pitch. If you cannot see that, then you are hopeless.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally posted by p1ngu666:
    remove manaul mode from 109, or change power curve to a flatline above max auto rpm, (ie get no increase in performance)
    Thats unrealistic, ie Helmut Wick regulary overev the engine of his Bf109E for better performance (therefor his mechanics had to change his engine very often).
    To overrev the engine gives you more power but destroys the engine (what in fact is part of the game).
    Share this post

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last ►►