hello and S!

This is L.Z. I finally did a digital conversion of a recording at Duxford. If you want your own copy of what might be the earliest video of this famous A/C here's your chance:

Click to Download DuxfordDogfight.wmv

Howdy!! I did watch it!!!! Real Player video!!!

Great video mate. I love the sound of that Messerschmitt zooming around. Good watch.

HayateAce's Avatar Banned

At 4:13 watch how much tighter the 2 Spits complete their loops than the 109. Everyone knows the Spit has turn on the Bif, but I didn't realize it was this bad!

Achtung Spitfire! Indeed.

The video doesn't show well, very different angles and purposes.

Heliopause's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks for posting! great video.

Oh I hope it's still active by the time I get home to get it.

Dang work, has it blocked.

I'm glad you guys liked it. It's a minor miracle that the tape was still OK after 14 years. I had to buy another 8mm camcorder because the original one wore out.

Xiolablu3's Avatar Senior Member
    Cool video.

I doubt the pilot is pushing the Me109 too hard because every Bf109 seems to crash very quickly.

Whereas the P51's and Spitfires all keep flying and get added too all the time resulting in lots flying, the Me109's seem to get one flying, she crashes, then another flying, she crashes and so on.

It is quite freaky how tight those two SPits turn in the vertical, near the end of the flick at 4:13s. One is a clipped wing also, its like a bat turn.

M_Gunz's Avatar Banned
    If you don't know the speeds and power settings and what the pilots decided BEFORE the show
    then you might come away from that video with some very slanted ideas.