trumper's Avatar Senior Member
    Clouds look good,cockpits look superb BUT The cliffs,towns and the early Spitfire shown are AWFUL,the shapes are wrong and the colours look wrong.The whole thing looks cartoony,i just hope that this really is along way off the real finished article.
    What hope is there for sound improvements/Merlins if the rest is wonky to start with.
    Come on Oleg if this is a publicity video to ENCOURAGE people it's not good.

Whilst I dont agree with the above post about the video being somewhat uninspiring it did have a lot of plus points. But the problem i think is that eh plus points on show were nothing to do with the actual thing we play this game for and that is the plane itself.

To me the things that looked awesome were the ground vehicles, ground objects, a proper 3d landscape, nice looking clouds (although it looks like too much space to hide in)and the cockpits are awesome.

But...

The disapointing thing was the plane, again the Roundels are over coloured and look stuck on like an airfix model. Have they learned nothing from Mat manager??? its all well and good having weathered engine effects, but what about the actual plane identification. And that Spity texture was just so bad! its just plain and boring and again over saturated in the colours.

Nice vid, but all the plus points are in the wrong place in my mind.

This is a pre-alpha link, i dont even know if it was intended for public sight, hell, half of the ingame footage was in IL-2, but what i did see looks alright to me even in its incomplete state...

Spit early mark shown is wrong,the wings seem flat and non Spitfire as well.

Take a break guys. This video is pre-pre alpha and it doesnt' show the new engine yet. No lighting yet either. What I saw *new*, clouds, cockpit, ground objetcs, did look awesome. And I also like the cliffs. This will be a awesome sim. have a cup of tea until next year and stay calm

There's a vocal minority of Chicken Littles on this forum.

"Boontybox will kill your children! Avoid!"

"BoB looks like Road-Runner cartoons! Mine eyeballs, they bleed so!"

"46 addon is stupid and pointless, no-one wants to fly fantasy planes, 1C would instead give us another twelve conventional aircraft to add to the 200 we already have if they had any marketing sense!"

"FB/AEP/PF/Pe-2 will split the community, no-one will play online, no-one will buy sequel, sim-genre will DIE!!"

There's no sense in worrying about this stuff; Il-2 was the best in 2001, is still the best in 2006, and will remain the best until BoB is released, 1C are devoted, skilled and work very very hard, Ubisoft are willing to support the genre, 1C have had 5 years to explore the limits of the Il-2 engine and will now know how to push back those limits for BoB!

The most exciting thing I've seen for BoB so far is this Su-26. It's a technology demonstrator for the BoB flight dynamics engine, apparently. If 1C are serious about marketing the BoB-engine to other developers, we're going to get a cluster of high-quality sims of many different sub-genres...

So you think that it is ok to see something that is'nt correct or good and not comment on it.Why did'nt they [UBI] just release the bits that were finished and looked good so people go WOW instead of half baked stuff that cause debate and wonderment at getting the PR side so wrong.

That video left me wanting to see more. Would like to see a combat sequence and some explosions to see what else is in play with the video. Maybe some JU88s blowing up that London Bridge.

Nice job.

What has been shown clearly does not reveal much of a graphics revolution.To lure more eyecandy suckers 1C needs to do better than that.However,I`m far from believing this is high detail level.Just can`t be.

As for simulation fans,the cockpits,the new CEM,DM/FM and many other realism features(6DOF,ammobelt selection) will satisfy them fully I hope.

Still,the expectations are very high,too high IMO.